1st custom rifle build

Received my action and all looks well. Firing pin has some rust on it which is surprising. Does anybody have experience with Aztek Arms out of Utah? When I was checking out 6mmBR.com, saw their ad there.

Why did you decide on a 5R barrel? Every one I have worked with I could not get nearly as much velocity as I could with a 4 groove krieger. Just wondering. dave

Here you go.
DSCN0094.jpg

It's hard to believe it's June 2015. A lot has happened since my last post here, health issues, moved out of Colorado and usual real life stuff. The build is on hold due to an issue with a company called King's Custom Coatings out of Arkansas. Back in November 2014, I mailed my McMillian A5 stock to them, so that they could camo-dip my stock in Kryptek Highlander. It's June 2015 and still no stock.

Since then, I moved to Kentucky for family reasons (to be closer to my dad due to his health issues and help take care of him if need be). I was in conversations with Scebo King, owner of KC Coatings but lately I've received no response from them for the past month. According to Scebo, the first dip didn't go well due to the texturing around the grip and forearm. They would give it a second try after removing the first dip. I also said change the dip to Mandrake for the second try and they did. Scebo said that the second dip didn't pass their quality control and they were going to try a third attempt. I'm glad that they stand behind their product but it's been over 6 months and I'm getting tired of waiting. I've sent 3 emails with no response. At this point, I just want my stock back. This is the only thing holding this build. I'm starting to feel that I'm not a priority obviously. Wish I had good news and pics of the new rifle but I don't.

Mast

Got my stock back this week and King's Custom Coatings did an outstanding job! Finally...:) Now a new search for a builder. There's gotta be some great rifle builders in Kentucky.

Mast

Not sure about Ky, but there are some awesome smiths in CO. Don't worry about location as much as skill. I suggest Gre-Tan rifles in Rifle, CO. Greg builds the tooling all the top end rifle smiths use.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts