CURTIS ACTION- Updated with Pictures

Hi Joel will the 4" bottom metal be compatable with a rem 700 machined like the old seekins was?

Also for other actions that are long enough.

The 408 actions should change things up a bit over being stuck with stillars.

Ya gotta wonder why Remington long ago didn't go with a 3 lug bolt.

My Browning A-Bolt and Ruger American Predator have them and I much prefer them.

Thanks for this product. I may replace my long action HS Precision Rem 700 with your bolt for .300 Win mag.

The 2-Lug was cheap and easy is why Remington didn't go with it (>2 lug). They toyed with it on some other rifles though (albeit it wasn't 3, it was 9 and they were in rows in the back of the bolt (788)). I have one of those and it is hands down the most accurate rifle I own and more accurate than most factory rifles it's been set near as well (including one particular Sako that makes me giggle) with repeatable 5 shot holes sub averaging .235 center to center.

That said, I'm still interested to see where this one goes. I needed another a little earlier and pulled the trigger on a used Steyr (ugly as sin but amazingly accurate) but would still like to build one for my daughter before she burns out the above 243. Perhaps a 6.5x47 Lapua (or 260). :)

As a 3 lug "aficionado" (Browning a-Bolt, Ruger American Predator and Ruger Precision Rifle) I commend you on the 3 lug design.

Looking forward to photos and reviews.

I'm interested to hear the specs on 338 action. Mainly the length of the barrel threads and max OAL for the repeater ammo.

Changes to the action programs are completed. Mags and bottom metal are already in production. We have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss action production. Looks like we will start in about three weeks.

Joel, how's it going?

So I just skipped to the end But was wondering if there is a expected time line for the 408 sized receiver?