CURTIS ACTION- Updated with Pictures

Are there any reviews of the Vector action by chance? I'm very interested in this. How robust is the extraction? I have a TL1 action from Big Horn and the extraction spring keeps dying on me.

There will be a review coming out shortly. The extraction is performed by a mini m16 extractor that we are making in house. We have not had any issues with extraction from our prototype actions.

Are they as smooth as a Defiant actions?

We like to think they are...:D. We will be utilizing a proprietary treatment, similar to melonite, on small batches of the Vector actions. This treatment makes the action operation smooth as glass.

Wondering if your still going to do a group buy?

Yes, we will be starting a thread offering the group buy shortly.

Nice features on your actions. Visited your web site recently. Looks like a winner!

Thank you Sir.

Joel, I misspoke, I meant ejection, not extraction.

Are you referring to DLC?

Ejection is handled by a Remington style plunger and spring. We are also making them in house, and have not had any issues thus far. As you can see, we are making every piece except the firing pin and spring. They are being made by Greg Tannel of Gre-Tan Rifles.

Similar to DLC, but not exactly...

Still burning the midnight oil trying to get production run done. Had some tooling issues but they are resolved and we are grinding away.

We will hopefully have some solid release dates soon! Believe me... We are trying as hard as we can!

I'm getting one with the 12 volt mini USB port for the side picatinny rail mounted heated/cooled cup holder or phone charger option. A one shot lube system that lubes all wear points each time you work the action and an accuracy gain dial is of course a given. I'm still on the fence about manual bolt operation or stepping up to the integrated push button power bolt cycling. That would be really cool on a repeater but it adds two ounces. Next year I heard Bluetooth will be standard. Apple is secretly beta testing a couple apps for it's iPhones. I hope Curtis doesn't cave on the UN compliant addressable biometric trigger lock with GPS tracking. I don't want the government tracking or turning my gun off. :D April fools!!!

Honestly this action will be worth the wait and really does offer everything I really want in an action..

I'm getting one with the 12 volt mini USB port for the side picatinny rail mounted heated/cooled cup holder or phone charger option. A one shot lube system that lubes all wear points each time you work the action and an accuracy gain dial is of course a given. I'm still on the fence about manual bolt operation or stepping up to the integrated push button power bolt cycling. That would be really cool on a repeater but it adds two ounces. Next year I heard Bluetooth will be standard. Apple is secretly beta testing a couple apps for it's iPhones. I hope Curtis doesn't cave on the UN compliant addressable biometric trigger lock with GPS tracking. I don't want the government tracking or turning my gun off. :D April fools!!!

Honestly this action will be worth the wait and really does offer everything I really want in an action..

I would really appreciate you not releasing our future plans on a public forum.... :D
LOL

All kidding aside we are looking down the road at the future of bolt action receivers and there is some interesting things on the horizon... However, We will release the Vector and Axiom before we are beheaded by the public... THEN we will start on the future...:cool:

To answer question above... No... we are not doing a 3 position safety. Saving that for the I-Vector with biometrics. lightbulb