Cougar Hunting

Id be open to reading some evidence if you have some. My guess is that study just reflects the severely low sucess rate of not being able to hunt with dogs.
I cannot make any sense of your response. Could you clarify that for me please?

Id be interested in reading about how the study was destroyed.
You'd be looking at a ton of sources to come to that conclusion. You can find any of them separately. The easiest hole in it is that litter size is solely based on age and health of the mother, and has nothing to do with population, aside from whatever factor exists allowing low populations to create healthier mothers. There is no correlation between population and litter size except for where there is an overpopulation, which can lead to an unhealthy sampling, or a population so small to be rife with inbreeding, also effecting the health of the mother. But the basis of the idea that coyote population density causes a genetic mechanism that generates larger litters is demonstrably false.

I have one friend been stalked 2-3 times,my son once,and myself once.In addition several I know local shot them in self defence. Im in cat country regular,Im always got my eye on back trail. My one buddy walked one down and shot it,nice 145# tom,he also arrowed one at few yards with recurve,we turned that one into ID F&G.

You'd be looking at a ton of sources to come to that conclusion. You can find any of them separately. The easiest hole in it is that litter size is solely based on age and health of the mother, and has nothing to do with population, aside from whatever factor exists allowing low populations to create healthier mothers. There is no correlation between population and litter size except for where there is an overpopulation, which can lead to an unhealthy sampling, or a population so small to be rife with inbreeding, also effecting the health of the mother. But the basis of the idea that coyote population density causes a genetic mechanism that generates larger litters is demonstrably false.
Ill check all that out sometime, thank you.

Back to my post I think I have a cougar in my deer spot and thinking of hunting it, sounds like the odds are slim but it cant hurt to try i just never hunted them before so open to all advice.

There's always a chance and you don't know if and when it will happen. We can't use dogs or traps in Washington State either. If you see one don't get in a big hurry as they don't tend to spoke like a coyote and if you ever shoot a juvenile don't go close to it Get a good hiding spot a hundred or so yards away and wait , mama will come looking and you can get her too. Good luck. I'm not real high tech ,to old I'll try to send pictures if I can figure out how .

I have a large cougar that showed up on my trailcams last year a couple of times. Ive never hunted cougars so I don't know anything about them, also dogs are banned in my state. I'm hearing they can have a very large range, but what I'm wondering is if they will return to an area seasonally? Or is it possible they will stay in an area as long as the prey is good?
They are known to roam over 10 miles a day. They will work an area for a few days. I'd look up alot and whatcha your back. Many times out elk hunting had to back out from Panthers in central Oregon.

Nothing more entertaining than stumbling onto somewhat fresh cow elk cougar kill...and you have been cow elk calling....😱.! Call got put into pocket and downwind was watched far more intently! Looking over kill you could see neck damage, claw marks and chilling as all get out! This was a powerful visual image that I will never forget and to some extent I was glad to witness how powerful nature can be at work. Apex predator as part of natural flow still needs to be there and managed appropriately.

I have called a lot of bobcats they often circled in behind me if the volume was too high , are mountain lion like that also ?

Claw Rake?

47in long rifle for scale, scratch marks go up over 6ft...

1699763901196.jpeg