COPPER REMOVAL FROM THE BORE!!!

Randy338

Well i just have to tell everyone that This stuff works...After trying everything I herd about in copper removal and buying everything....I found it....It is called KG-12
KG-12 was developed to clean the copper fouling from large bore military weapons. KG-12 will provide shooters with a product which will remove the toughest of copper fouling without harming any other metal. Unlike other etching, ammonia based cleaners, KG-12 will not hurt the metal of the bore. There is no need to "neutralize" KG-12 like you do with other Ammonia based products and no need to "get it out quick" like ammonia based enchants. KG-12 contains no ammonia . KG-12 is water based . KG-12 will remove the worst of copper fouling, and it will do it fast. KG-12 contains no synthetics. KG-12 was field tested on howitzers (One Million Dollars each) and other large bore guns with outstanding results.When used in conjunction with KG-2, KG-3 and KG-4 you will find no better cleaning system on the market. In general you can call KG-12 the Million Dollar Gun Cleaner!

WELL I bought it also and it is the cats ***
http://www.kgcoatings.com/KG-12%20test%20results.pdf

NO MAN I had some copper in a barrel and I asked on here what to do.. I got allot of helpful e-mails but I stumbled across this stuff from this guys site http://www.frfrogspad.com/cleaners.htm

I then just said what the heck so I ordered it...I have no copper in the bore and it was done...I talked to the guy at the company and they sell all kinds of chemicals..I am sold..

Sorry to rain on this parade, but I've used KG-12 and wasn't impressed one little bit. I much prefer Montana Extreme 50BMG and Wipeout. I've used about 1/2 a bottle of KG-12 and don't really know what to do with what's left cause I'm not going to use it on any more rifles of mine.

GOT TO PUT SOME SUN BACK IN THE SKY.
I HAVE USED KG-12 IN A 204 RUGER, 3- 22/250'S, A 6MM REM, 2- 7MM MAGS NUMEROUS 300 WIN & WEATHERBY MAGS AND 325 WSM'S. IT WORKS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER COPPER CLEANER AVAILABLE AND I HAVE USED THEM ALL.
AS WITH ANYTHING PATIENCE HELPS. I HAVE THE BEST SUCCESS BY CLEANING OUT THE CARBON WITH KG-1 OR BORE TECH ELIMINATOR, ANY COPPER LEFT GETS ABOUT 10/15 DROPS DOWN THE BORE THRU THE BORE GUIDE THEN LET SIT OVERNITE. THE NEXT DAY WET A GOOD BORE BRUSH AND GIVE 10-15 STROKES , THEN PATCH IT CLEAN. IT WILL REMOVE WHATS THERE, BADLY FOULED BORES MAY REQUIRE ANOTHER SOAK.
THE BEST INSURANCE FOR A CLEAN BORE IS AN EXAMINATION WITH A BORE SCOPE. THEN YOU SEE HOW GOOD YOUR CLEANING PROCESS REALLY IS. WHEN IT IS CLEAN IT IS "CLEAN" BUT I HAVE CHECKED A LOT OF BORES THAT THE OWNERS THOUGHT WERE CLEAN THAT WERN'T.
INCIDENTALLY, NEVER BUY A NEW RIFLE AND TAKE IT TO THE RANGE WITHOUT A THOROUGH CLEANING. YOU CAN CHECK ANY RIFLE ON THE NEW GUNS RACK @ YOUR LOCAL SPORTING GOODS STORE AND ALL WILL HAVE COPPER IN THEM FROM THE FACTORIES TEST FIRING THAT THEY DO NOT CLEAN OUT BEFORE SHIPPING THEM. IT DOESN'T DO ANY GOOD TO START A BREAK-IN PROCEDURE WITH A DIRTY BORE.

My easiest barrel break-in to date has been with the newest wipe-out (they have had some upgrades through time) combined with Their Accelerator.

I always thought my Barrel was clean until I started using a Borescope...But the KG-12 removed some bad copper I had been neglecting or failing to remove...

[ QUOTE ]
I always thought my Barrel was clean until I started using a Borescope...But the KG-12 removed some bad copper I had been neglecting or failing to remove...

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to get a bore scope!!!

I HAVE A EXTRA ONE. NEW
Hawkeye Slim Kit
A Slim Kit contains a 0° direction-of-view scope
with a 90° Mirror Tube and a Mini-Maglite
source all in a lockable hard carrying case.
17" (435 mm) HS17-AF-KIT $945

I will trade it for a Stiller Tacticle 300 action or a Lawton 7500

+1 for Montana Extreme 50 BMG and ME Copper Cream.

I have tried them all and this is the best. Cuts copper and carbon super easy. I use a borescope every time and look at other rifles at the matches and this is by far the best.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.