Confused! lots of customs for sale?

Well imo, you are the Donald J Trump of LRH. Whenever stuff hits the fan around here people just sort of automatically blame you. Force of habit ya know :D
Other than his stupid comments about guns and red flag laws recently, I'll take that as a compliment. Because he's rich, has a smoking hot slavic wife, and get's stuff DONE! :cool:

Available:
jackal big gun.jpg

A couple months back, I sold a 700 BDL in 30-06. It was the first rifle I ever bought many years ago and it was beautiful. I hunted one season with the rifle until I bought a .243 and it kinda changed the way I looked at things. I am not a fan of recoil and anything more than 15 ft.lbs, is too much in my opinion. I never felt the need to get a Magnum, Short Mag, or any other "Macho-Mag" for that matter, it's just not necessary for the quarry I pursue. Some of my rifles are "Semi-Custom" (Coopers, Custom Savage, etc.) but the "production" rifles I own are all a bit older, before automation and gimmicks crept into the industry and quality began to suffer as a result. Case in point is a 1995 Browning A-Bolt (Miroku) I own in .243. It's probably got 3000 rounds through it, has killed scores of whitetail and groundhogs and still puts 95 grain Noslers into .5 MOA. Of the 25 rifles I own, it's still the most deadly gun in my safe(s).

As far as I'm concerned, the medium-range cartridges carry the day - particularly the 6.5's. They do everything I need to do with authority and in a very tolerable way. I can certainly see why a guy could buy big and regret it. I did it too, albeit with only a 30.06, touted by many to be the best sporting cartridge ever developed. Not to take anything away from it but in my humble opinion, it's a cannon for medium sized game and overkill by any stretch of the imagination.

I did it too, albeit with only a 30.06, touted by many to be the best sporting cartridge ever developed. Not to take anything away from it but in my humble opinion, it's a cannon for medium sized game and overkill by any stretch of the imagination.

I feel the same way for whitetail rifles. I started at 300 and worked my way down to 7mm-08. Next up is 243. Always looking for a round that will put them down without gutting them too. 7.62x39 softpoints from a CZ carbine work well in this regard.

I feel the same way for whitetail rifles. I started at 300 and worked my way down to 7mm-08. Next up is 243. Always looking for a round that will put them down without gutting them too. 7.62x39 softpoints from a CZ carbine work well in this regard.

You will not be disappointed. Loaded properly, a .243 hits a whitetail like a truck. Out to 250 yards, I've knocked them completely over. That CZ-527 bolt action in 7.62 X 39 seems like a nice swamp-donkey rig too. I may consider one.

That CZ-527 bolt action in 7.62 X 39 seems like a nice swamp-donkey rig too. I may consider one.

I foolishly sold mine while lusting after something else (that I no longer have either). I'll likely buy another but this time probably in 6.5 Grendel. Even still, the 7.62 would stack American hunting ammo into minute-of-golfball groups with a 7x Leupold.

I started selling off my collect of big bores about 7 years ago,,, the last one was gone in year 4,,, then I bought one 30/06 & Two 308's,,, the Ouught-6 will be a 308 once the barrel shot out.

My plan was to own 1 gun,,, its not working out that way,,, so I changed it up to 1 cartridge across the board. Ha.

I enjoyed my 300's and 338,,, but there was no need for it in my big game category... The trick for me is getting in close.

A few other benefits of going mid size is shooting time in competition,,, general plinking,,, and predator control,,, the trick is to buy bulk supplies and shoot alot...

When 1 unit is in for a re-barrel,,, that leaves me 2 other units to blaze away with.

Its kind of a different way of doing things,,, but it makes life simple,,, each rifle gets its magic mix and I reap the rewards of good times.

There's lots of ways to find what works,,, that's what really counts.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.