Confused on 7mm bullets for elk

i personallhy shoot a 7mmwsm shooting the 180 bergers and i have been very pleased. i have shot deer from 100 yards out to 900 yards. the only time i was questioning my bergers was 2 years ago when i was shooting 168s i shot a buck at 525 it was a slight down hill shot. i hit him on the sholder and he droped. when i went up to get him he was still alive. after looking at my bullet hole i hit lower than i wanted. that is why i switched to the 180s. here is the buck tht i shot with the bergers this year he was jsut under300 i shot him right behind the sholder and he made it a few steps. the next picture is me holding my dads deer from this year and he shot that with my 6.5x284 shooting 130 accubonds. i also load accubonds for my brother in his 270 shortmag. that thing is a desimator. point being i have videos of hunts with numerous berger kills that are drt and i have some with the accubonds. shoot what you feel is the best in your rifle. i would hope that no one would think these arent good examples of bullet performance on a couple good bucks.

7mmwsm 180 bergers
hunting007-1.jpg

6.5x284 130 accubond
200820Deer200071.jpg
Nice buck, what is your rifle components?
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.