Confused! lots of customs for sale?

I guess you didn't understand why I asked about your 270AI. I guess you didn't read your post about how great 270 which I was replying too. Maybe you'll understand this question. If you think 270 so great why build 270AI.[/of those needs Vs QUOTE]

Okay I misunderstood the question. I do like the.270
Winchester, that's what encouraged me to build the .270AI. I just wanted to have something unique and wanted a wildcat to reload and play with. It's one of those wants vs needs things.

I guess you didn't understand why I asked about your 270AI. I guess you didn't read your post about how great 270 which I was replying too. Maybe you'll understand this question. If you think 270 so great why build 270AI.

Okay I misunderstood the question. I do like the.270 Winchester, that's what encouraged me to build the .270AI. I just wanted to have something unique and wanted a wildcat to reload and play with. It's one of those wants vs needs things

"Blarney", It would be inhumane to shoot an elk with a 6.5 beyond 300 even if you hit the boiler room! Just because it's going to die eventually doesn't make it an ethical Kill. Elk deserve better than that and Hydrostatic shock needs to be a major factor when killing a large tuff animal and the 6.5 fails in that category, it was designed for paper and humans not big game! The inability to handle felt recoil is not a reason to choose a light recoiling caliber to shoot a large animal...

I think you made a mistake. The 6.5 was made to generate money.

I did the 26" barrel 30/06,,, I've spent a good amount of time behind them and 308's,,, the only time I change things up is when it's rifle up grade time.

Not the cartridges because they work for my needs. Just enough Punch-Junk out front with a medium recoil that keeps things in check.

As time passes by,,, I'm enjoying mid weight pencil barrel 308 since it shoots smooth. No tinkering with loads,,, my gun cabinets are full of Lapua brass,,, stacks of primers,,, pails of powder,,, and flats of bullets,,, everything the same across the board.

My 2 long range units are sorted,,, the last unit is in for a work over this summer.

Hopefully all 3 units will be the same cartridge when the smoke clears.

I don't need a cannon to go after Elk Moose and Deer up here in the North,,, my off season allows for predator control ,,, general plinking,,, and some fun long range competition. Yuppers,,, those that enjoy the build and sell thing works for them,,, I'm all about build and keep...

Change up for me is bolting the action and barrel into one of the many rifle stocks I have on hand,,, did I mention that all my rifles have multiple stocks. LOL

Let the good times roll.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.