Colt Light Rifles

I have two of them. One in 7MM Magnum and the other in 270 Winchester. Both are EXTREMELY accurate and never gave me any issues. The 270 has been hunted hard and put away wet, and still performed wonderfully. Best part is I paid under $500 each, brand new in the box. My best buddy has a REAL MF Ultra Light that he paid something like $4000 for. We comparted the two and couldn't find and differences. Love these rifles! In the woods and mountains, it's like walking around carrying a stick.....

I thought so too, but there are four of them NIB and three of the boxes have never been opened. It might mean diddly (it does to me), but to the right collector it might be just what they are looking for.

I worked several sports shows with Melvin Forbes when I was a Wildlife Officer. I stopped at his shop when he was ULA's, They moved the shop to another building when Colt bought Melvin out. Then when Colt went out of the ultra light rifle building, Melvin bought and moved the shop the back to the building in his back yard. He said that once he sold ULA to Colt, ATF would not relicense the company under ULA so he Added New to the name NULA and went back building rifles.

I just seen posted on New Ultra Light Arms web site. Sounds like Melvin Forbes is going to retire. Wilson Combat and Bill Wilson will be taking over production of NULA line of rifles.