Colt Light Rifles

My brother won one at a banquet, and I put very little effort into it to get to 3/4 moa at 200 yards with 160 grain (Speers?). I was impressed. It's a 7mm Rem mag. I really liked the trigger, fit and finish was ok, but I didn't really like the plastic stock. Kicked pretty hard, but I did like the way it handled, and carried. In the last ten years, I've only seen one at a local gun shop, in 300w, and it was only $450, I thought not a bad price, but I had just bought my 300 RUM.

Me too. It would be nice if the out of date threads had the dates in red or flashing, just something to say "hay dummy look".
M1, did you get my pm?
Sorry, but there is already a system in place, and IIRC, @Darryle spearheaded the effort. You will find a warning prompt at the bottom of the last page of an old post.

1682768236876.png

Sorry, but there is already a system in place, and IIRC, @Darryle spearheaded the effort. You will find a warning prompt at the bottom of the last page of an old post.

View attachment 459852
Not exactly a eye getter when commenting early in a post & you didn't look at the date.. I know the solution is check the dates before commenting. Possibly having this at the beginning of a thread would be more helpful ? Just a suggestion. I have noticed that prompt on the classifieds a lot. But some of these old threads don't have them on my end. 13 Years is a long time. I like the idea of a flashing date in red. But not sure what cost & trouble that would be to make it happen. If I was only a computer tech. I would donate my resources to make this happen.

Last edited:

View attachment 459852
Just curious but do you see this box at the end of the thread I'm sharing here. It started the thread in 2007 & ended in 2022. I am using a older computer. And I do not see it on my end. I do see the warning in classifieds though. https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/colt-light-rifle.26229/

Not exactly a eye getter when commenting early in a post & you didn't look at the date.. I know the solution is check the dates before commenting. Possibly having this at the beginning of a thread would be more helpful ? Just a suggestion. I have noticed that prompt on the classifieds a lot. But some of these old threads don't have them on my end. 13 Years is a long time. I like the idea of a flashing date in red. But not sure what cost & trouble that would be to make it happen. If I was only a computer tech. I would donate my resources to make this happen.
I do not remember what the threshold is for the prompt, but if you think you can do better and convince @Len Backus, go for it.

Not saying I could do better just trying to understand. As I stated I am not computer savvy.
I never said you are computer savvy. My point is that there is already a system in place. I do not know how exactly it was presented, but it's what this site implemented. I do not think anyone is saying you cannot revive an old thread. But if it were me, I would acknowledge it first with a statement and press on. Is it foolproof? No, but it is a prompt for us to think about.

Recent Posts