Clarity, resolution?

Well Red,

That's the first I've heard of anyone producing a scope like that. Yes, it's supposed to clear up the entire picture and if it doesn't, I don't know what to say. I will say this, if you look through a Canon L series lens that's aspherical, it's as sharp as a razor for 80% of the FOV. After that, it's still nice, just not perfect. It's tough to expect much more than that. For shots of people, you really need a soft focus filter on one of them.

How much did the scope cost? Just for reference, the minimum on any of Canon's camera lenses is about $1200 and it goes up significantly from there. There is a little more to a camera lens though with the auto focus motors and such. FWIW, that's the first I ever heard of this brand as well.

Hey Brent, I just laugh when I look at some of the NF reticles I've seen. I wonder how anyone can see game to shoot at it with all that clutter. To each his own. I prefer dialing to the range and having a clear picture with just a fine crosshair. That's just me. I also like my target in the center of the scope image. Not somewhere at the bottom of it.

I figured I'd hear about that!

You trouble maker you!
grin.gif
wink.gif

I just did a search for the Aetec scopes and I see it's a line from Simmons. Given that they are !> 12x, I am inclined to say they are fairly cheaply made if they don't look nice to you. Any 12x Scope ought to look terrific. Certainly if there's asp. ground glass in these things, the cost just isn't in line with other manufacturers of similar products.

When Nikon comes out with an asp lens scope, jump on it! At any price...

i suppose if all we did with our optics was read road signs sure not much difference, but in hunting situations where you are looking at game or trying to find game at 500 yds plus i personally can see a big difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.