nightforce clarity

I have not read this whole post, it kept bringing back memories of Richard Franlin's Varmiter but, I reject step one of your reasoning. Maybe a faulty premise is flawing your conclusion, maybe not. Neither IOR or Nightforce are my favorite glass.

Roger that... the final word is your NF is good enough.

Again, you miss quote me.

I have found the NXS glass to be MORE than adequete AND better than average.

My mark 4 is "good enough"

I have seen 30 cal holes at 600 yards with my NF's. IMHO that makes it more than adequete for the job at hand, putting a bullet in a target AND haveing a good clear image while doing so. I am not here to say my glass is better than yours or anyone elses. I get the feeling your opinion is that NF's are substandard. You are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us but I dont appreciate efforts made to try and substandardize NF and their users.

Obviously they work for some LR shooters/hunters just as your ST's do for you.

Yours is yours, mine is mine. Your tequniques are your tequniques and mine are mine. That doesnt meen we have to part company. This isnt you against me or vice versa.

Here's where we part company.

Last edited:
Again, you miss quote me.

I dont appreciate efforts made to try and substandardize NF and their users.

That doesnt meen we have to part company. This isnt you against me or vice versa.

I expected defensive remarks with all the NF owners on this site, and as much as said so. My comments have been with respect to scopes - their clarity, qualities and costs - until the posts turn personal. You won't find me to have been on the attack other than in defense. God bless the NF, Leupold, Zeiss, & Swaro owners.

You could have fooled me about the you against me stuff. You just stated you "dont appreciate efforts made to try to "substandardize... their users"? Since it's degraded into a standoff over protecting your standards for using a NF scope, rather than the discussion of clarity of NF and other scopes - I'll feet better if we part company. The things we appreciate and don't appreciate don't mesh. It's tough getting along when the use and quality of a NF, Sightron, Swaro, Tasco, or any other scope becomes confused as the equivalent of an above-standard, standard, or substandard user/person.

BTW, if I misquote you or put words in your mouth this time, we should part ways simply because we're unable to communicate, and we'll both be better off for it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts