Scope bubble level clarity

bikehe

Hi all, I purchased a flatline Ops scope bubble and mounted it the other day on my custom 243. First time use with one of these but when I take aim and look at the bubble it's quite blurry. I've tried mounting it near the ocular on my NXS and as far as it will go towards the objective bell. I like to shoot with both eyes open 99% of the time so have mount it so when I flip the level over I can see it with my free eye. I can make the level out but it's not that clear. Is this normal or is there a better way of setting it up. As usual great site and appreciate any advice.

I have the same issue now at my age (50). I have gotten used to the blur, and can still center the bubble despite it. For me reading the numbers on the turret is the real aggravation. My distance vision tests out very good, but within 16 inches my close focus just isn't there anymore. I've been reading about stick-on reading lenses that can be applied to my shooting glasses, and intend to stick one on my left eye lens at the position for my left eye to see the level and turret while in position to shoot.

Even with old age near sightedness, absolute clarity in not much of an issue given the bubble is placed inside the lines on the Flatline scope level. When anywhere inside the lines,it is under one degree of level which puts your impact at less than .2MOA of plum at 1000 yards.

Are you in your early 40's? That's when I started having trouble focusing on things closer.

50 years young next week. Start using glasses in the last month to read the fine print but no problem reading a mag from normal reading distance. Hmm maybe it is the old eyes. Well guess I'll just have to get use to it as I can still see the bubble line. Suppose is will still be ok as greyfox mentioned as long as I get it within the lines I'm good to go.

I just tried holding the bubble in front of me and its relatively clear using both eyes focusing on it but when I and take aim through the scope and get a bubble picture that's where it gets blurry. Maybe I just can't focus on both things together.

IIWM Practice.

I like the Vortex for most shooting because I can see the bubble in my weak eye (left)...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts