Cerakote Microslick on a bolt gun...?

wilkup

Anyone know anything about this stuff? Was planning to get my rifle Cerakoted and while chatting with the sales guy, they pushed this product on me.

Does this product work or was this guy just trying to hustle me for an upsale?

Anyone know anything about this stuff? Was planning to get my rifle Cerakoted and while chatting with the sales guy, they pushed this product on me.

Does this product work or was this guy just trying to hustle me for an upsale?

I used it on the bolt of my 300. The rest of the gun was just cerakote. The Microslick didn't cost any more then the regular cerakote.

For this application at the chosen applicator, they charge $200 to Cerakote a bolt action rifle, plus another $85 if they have to disassemble/reassemble it.

The Microslick is another additional $45 and I would have to completely disassemble the bolt to avoid that $85 fee.

Have you found the Microslick to be helpful on your rifle? The rifle it would be getting put on is my new semi-custom hunting rifle.

Is there any advantage to having the bolt coated with Microslick rather than going with the Cerakote treatment throughout the entire rifle?

For this application at the chosen applicator, they charge $200 to Cerakote a bolt action rifle, plus another $85 if they have to disassemble/reassemble it.

The Microslick is another additional $45 and I would have to completely disassemble the bolt to avoid that $85 fee.

Have you found the Microslick to be helpful on your rifle? The rifle it would be getting put on is my new semi-custom hunting rifle.

Is there any advantage to having the bolt coated with Microslick rather than going with the Cerakote treatment throughout the entire rifle?

Holy smokes thats spend. My gunsmith charges $180.00 for a cerakote job including micro slicking the bolt. Thats with disassembly and reassembly.

I have another gun that is all cerakote and honestly I can't tell the difference.

Holy smokes thats spend. My gunsmith charges $180.00 for a cerakote job including micro slicking the bolt. Thats with disassembly and reassembly.

I have another gun that is all cerakote and honestly I can't tell the difference.

Who's your smith? He may have just gotten my business ;)

It's centerfire gun works in Bend, Oregon. (541) 633-7377. His name is Brian. He is a good gunsmith. Not sure if he has a website.

Also Randy at the rifleshop in Bend also does it for the same price.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.