Center Shot Rifles Mini Magnum Muscle Brake Review

So I stopped by my Gunsmith Wednesday for the last fitting and just to see how it was coming the mini mag break ties in perfectly on a #5 contour barrel with only about .25" hanging over the sides of the barrel when its polished down to tie in to the crwn it give the gun a very sleek look. My gun will be ready Monday with pics to come.

Its past Monday where's our pics??? I can't wait to see them!

Its past Monday where's our pics??? I can't wait to see them!

Never heard from the smith, and I work the next 2 days midnight shift but if I havent heard from him by Friday Im going by to see how much longer it will be. Believe me Im ready to get it back, I sat down Monday and loaded up some rounds to do load workup so the day I get it, it will be blasting away.

I have a build just finishing up in the next few weeks. It is a 300rum on a 27'' Shilen select match #7. I would like to tame it down as much as possible. Have any of you guys used the 4 port on the 300/338 mags? I know I should have just called CS but I would like to hear from others as well. Thank's for your input....Rick

Thanks for the write up Mike.

The mini magnum came out of the guys asking for a brake to fit factory contours and lighter barrels, the standard Muscle has a 5/8x24 tpi which limitted it to #5 countours and larger, the mini with it's 9/16 24 tpi worked on the smaller cartriges 300 wsm on down, I wanted a brake to work on the larger magnums and ultra magnums that shared the smaller profile of the mini, for one the smaller size looks better on the thinner barrels.

I just installed one on a 338 ultra mag in the rem xcr, when the costomer gets it shooting I will ask for a report on effectiveness. so far the mini magnum has been selling very well.

I'm in the process of having a 338 RUM built around a #4 Hart barrel as a relatively lightweight long range elk rifle... did you ever hear back from your customer about his 338 RUM xcr?

Has anybody else used a Mini Magnum on a relatively light weight 338 RUM? Probably not going to have the efficiency of the original 3-port or the bigger 4-port muscle brake, but I'm thinking it's still going to be more efficient than just about anything else you could install on a #4 or smaller barrel... ?