Discussion in 'Product Reviews - Discussion' started by ADMIN, May 20, 2012.

Center Shot Rifles Mini Magnum Muscle Brake Review

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I have a couple videos of me shooting the rifle so you can see just how little this rifle recoils if anyone is interested

3. midnightmalloy

midnightmalloy Well-Known Member

Post them. Id like to see

4. Tikkamike

Click the picture to view video

[ame]http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/green4x4machine/?action=view&current=2012-05-09_09-36-18_611.mp4[/ame]

[ame]http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/green4x4machine/?action=view&current=2012-05-09_09-36-56_676.mp4[/ame]

5. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

What is that rifle chambered in Mike?

Pretty impressive.

6. Tikkamike

300 win.

7. shortpants

shortpants Well-Known Member

Mike,

I really appreciate you posting that review and video's. I'm planning a build in 300wsm right now and was planning on using the Mini Muscle break but I'm wondering what advantages I would gain using the Mini Magnum break. The rifle is going to weigh around 12.5lbs with scope and bipod so it should be easy to tame. Which of these 2 brakes do you feel would be a better fit for me? Are they the same diameter? Would you say that is a #3 or #4 contour barrel in your pics? I plan on using a #5 and wonder how it would look?

Thankyou,
    Jason

8. Tikkamike

That rifle is about a #3 contour. Sounds like your rifle will have minimal recoil at 12.5 lbs but as long as your breaking it i would step up the the mini magnum for that little extra boost in recoil reduction. Its a wee bit longer than the mini muscle brake not enough to matter one way or the other. My vote goes to the mini magnum for sure. I have at least 1 of each of his brakes except the 4 portmuscle brak, and this is one of my favorites.

9. shortpants

I just checked out Jim's website and I believe the new Mini Magnum will be the one for me. Sorry Mike, I should have done that before I hit you up with the 20 questions!

10. shortpants

Jim nice work! I can't wait to own one!

11. Nimrod1203

Nimrod1203 Well-Known Member

Great product! I kinda wonder if me asking him if the mini would work for a 300 winny a couple months back might have spurred his imagination on this? One can dream i guess. :D
    Nimrod

12. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the write up Mike.

The mini magnum came out of the guys asking for a brake to fit factory contours and lighter barrels, the standard Muscle has a 5/8x24 tpi which limitted it to #5 countours and larger, the mini with it's 9/16 24 tpi worked on the smaller cartriges 300 wsm on down, I wanted a brake to work on the larger magnums and ultra magnums that shared the smaller profile of the mini, for one the smaller size looks better on the thinner barrels.

I just installed one on a 338 ultra mag in the rem xcr, when the costomer gets it shooting I will ask for a report on effectiveness. so far the mini magnum has been selling very well.

13. bamadawg2009

bamadawg2009 Well-Known Member

I ordered a mini mag break for my 300WSM project as well and it is going on a #5 barrel, I hope to be getting a phone call within the next week or so saying it is ready. I cant wait to get this thing shooting, Ill post pics when I get it back. Jim was very easy to deal with and very informative on what I neede to have the smith do, I plan on buying many more breaks from him in the future maybe even have him build me a rifle some day.
    +1 CS rifles

14. bamadawg2009

bamadawg2009 Well-Known Member

So I stopped by my Gunsmith Wednesday for the last fitting and just to see how it was coming the mini mag break ties in perfectly on a #5 contour barrel with only about .25" hanging over the sides of the barrel when its polished down to tie in to the crwn it give the gun a very sleek look. My gun will be ready Monday with pics to come.