CEB 140grn G10 MTH & 6.5 WSM-

We've been using the same BC as the Berger 140 Hybrid, the Matrix is the most accurate bullet we've loaded in the 6.5 Sherman. Hopefully the Matrix treat you well. These CE's are way long, I guess we'll see how they fly gun)
I would like to see how the CE compare to the matrix 142 and 160, and the berger 140 hybrid... hint hint :D such as this
12992d1347723924-barnes-280-grain-lrx-low-velocity-expansion-results-img_3629.jpg

12991d1347723924-barnes-280-grain-lrx-low-velocity-expansion-results-img_3631.jpg

Riley, I'll see what I can do for a pic. The 140 CE and the 160 Corbin jacket Matrix are so close in shape and length it's kinda odd, Outlaw I don't know if your going to stabilize that Matrix or not, if you don't let me know and I'll buy them back from you.

Riley, I'll see what I can do for a pic. The 140 CE and the 160 Corbin jacket Matrix are so close in shape and length it's kinda odd, Outlaw I don't know if your going to stabilize that Matrix or not, if you don't let me know and I'll buy them back from you.
Rhian, Marshal uses corbin jackets? I wasnt sure but i thought he used j4s, i bet the corbins are quite a bit softer, i am going to try sending one into some milk jugs at reduced velocity today if i can make it out.

Rhian, Marshal uses corbin jackets? I wasnt sure but i thought he used j4s, i bet the corbins are quite a bit softer, i am going to try sending one into some milk jugs at reduced velocity today if i can make it out.

He recently started using both, the first 160's I had were on the J4 and they are a little shorter bullet because the jacket is thinner on them. The Corbin has a thicker base and shank but the nose thins out real thin, it should allow for excellent expansion but the heavy shank should control it to a degree and allow it to be pushed from some of the cases that would smoke a J4.

Ok cool, so would it be safe to say mine are the corbin jackets? And a thicker base makes me happi, happi, happi. I think an amax with the back 1/3 of it bonded would be about the best long range hunting bullet, Richs are pretty awesome too, i might have to give a "donation"......:D

I hear you brother, I'm not sure if it'll get'er done or not. The first thing I thought when I opened thte box of 160's was how similar to the 140 CEB they were. If they won't stabilize, I will let you know.

I've got a pretty good feeling about the 142's though....
Stay tuned :D

t

I hear you brother, I'm not sure if it'll get'er done or not. The first thing I thought when I opened thte box of 160's was how similar to the 140 CEB they were. If they won't stabilize, I will let you know.

I've got a pretty good feeling about the 142's though....
Stay tuned :D

t

Since they are heavier and slightly shorter they will stabilize easier. Hope they work out for ya

I'm guessing the BC is a little inflated but still an interesting bullet.

I don't know enought about form factors & BC calculation to even make a useful S.W.A.G. :cool: I'll start where most folks are & adjust accordingly.

Time to get'er cleaned up & start the loading process again :rolleyes:

t

Is Chad making actions?

Nope (thank god). Just doing a couple hundred barreled actions in the next few weeks. Some of them have gone out the same day they arrived... busy, busy :)

I posted a link to the SH thread in the Gunsmithing Secion but I either screwed up or Len took it down.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.