CEB .416 MTH_V15 340 grain

HarryN

Hi, I was looking at various bullets today and this one looks kind of interesting.

At 340 grains it is on the lighter side for a .416 match bullet, but it has a surprisingly high rated BC of .78. The listed BC of this one is actually higher than some of the heavier bullets in the same series.

I was curious if anyone has played with these ?

Thanks

Harry

I use them in a .416 RUM at 3029fps and if I do my part they hold 1/4 MOA. Even with a break they are stout on the shoulder, but not brutal. They have a very interesting design. The bottom of the bullet is hollow to keep the weight down while staying long to help with the b.c. The only thing I don't like about them is the price, but as a tool to put meat in the freezer I can't complain too much.

Reuben

I use them in a .416 RUM at 3029fps and if I do my part they hold 1/4 MOA. Even with a break they are stout on the shoulder, but not brutal. They have a very interesting design. The bottom of the bullet is hollow to keep the weight down while staying long to help with the b.c. The only thing I don't like about them is the price, but as a tool to put meat in the freezer I can't complain too much.

Reuben

Intresting! Can you provide some details on your rifle? How do they perform on game?

t

The rifle is a trued Montana 1999 with a heavy Palma contour pac-nor barrel and McMillan m40a1-htg stock. I have a 1-4 nightforce on it as this is my guide gun, but would love to get some higher powered glass on it for some extra long range shooting. I have yet to try them on game, but the few I have dug out of the mud look similar to a Barnes. I hope to test these this December going for moose and will definitely post results. Now we just need winter to come on back in SW Aalaska as this would make hunting much easier.

Reuben

I have yet to try them on game, but the few I have dug out of the mud look similar to a Barnes. I hope to test these this December going for moose and will definitely post results. Now we just need winter to come on back in SW Aalaska as this would make hunting much easier.

Reuben

I can send you some. We hit ambient -33 last week.

Please post your results, the ballistics of that .416 look pretty sweet. What parent brass are you using?

t

Using weight sorted rem 375 rum brass all within a grain of each other. I have 44 degrees right now. Pretty warm for us this time of year.

Reuben

Thanks for the info. I had heard of people taking some mass out of the base of bullets to lighten them up, but had not seen any in person.

I had considered doing that on some GS Custom bullets, but figured I would just throw off the balance. Still, with a .416, there might be enough room for a .200 or .250 dia. hole back there.

At those velocities, it is sort of like a .270 on steroids.

I did find one other thread referencing the use of that bullet as well.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...bullet-cutting-edge-bullets-700-yards-122925/

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.