Can you identify this gun manufacturer ?

Beautiful.

The "Prima-Krupp-Stahl" translates to "Prime Krupp Steel".
To determine the manufacturer and when it was built it's necessary to see under the forearm and decipher the various proof marks that are there. I wonder if the auction house would be willing to provide any photos of that area? Interpreting those proof marks can get interesting all by themselves.

Value can really be difficult. For example it's great this one has the claw mount for a scope - but the scope for this rifle would be hand-fitted to that specific firearm. It doesn't necessarily mean another one would not fit, but it would be unlikely and could well be calibrated to a firearm in a different caliber with a different stock pitch, etc., etc.

I own a drilling that is in good condition, but not nearly as nice as this one and is still worth a few thousand.

Good Luck!

I re-read one of your posts where you mentioned you were going to see it in person. Ask if they will dismount the barrels and allow you to take pictures. On the underside of the barrels and on the mating surfaces of the receiver there will be a number proof marks. All of those are what you need to determine the maker, how old, confirm the gauges/caliber etc.

I would take a wild guess and say it could possibly be a 'Guild Gun. It appears to have a detachable claw type Scope Mount. Very Nice engraving . very nice condition. I would float the price of $3000.00 ( Reserve) on Gun Broker and see where the bidding goes. Do you have an idea of what you want for it??? Are you sure you even want to sell it??? Good Luck to you!!

Hope this helps, I have seen one very similar to this and hope to someday own it. My Opa, german, he passed not long after WW2, would be my grandfather whom I never met had one of these. Heavily engraved and is in a roll up case where it breaks down similar to todays OU shotguns. Was told when younger that it was pretty old when he got it so probably turn of century or older. I don't know maker or anything definate about it but hope to someday. My guess is this one is probably pretty close. German made, 100ish yrs old, COOL! Your pic is only the second one I've ever seen.
Follow the link I provide and you will be amazed. There are more of these German firearms. All just as nice if not nicer than this one. I didn't get this far till this morning. Someone was surely a collector. Number 341 will amaze you if you thought the one I posted was something. https://photos.app.goo.gl/GPhvjoUCDvyLyEh17
1706106747676.png

1706106791377.png

1706106829390.png

1706107396827.png

1706107440647.png

1706107549663.png

I re-read one of your posts where you mentioned you were going to see it in person. Ask if they will dismount the barrels and allow you to take pictures. On the underside of the barrels and on the mating surfaces of the receiver there will be a number proof marks. All of those are what you need to determine the maker, how old, confirm the gauges/caliber etc.
They have pictures if you follow the link to the pictures. There are about 5 or 6 of these firearms. Some are known manufacturers, but 2 of these are unknown. Someone was a serious collector of these.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GPhvjoUCDvyLyEh17

I would take a wild guess and say it could possibly be a 'Guild Gun. It appears to have a detachable claw type Scope Mount. Very Nice engraving . very nice condition. I would float the price of $3000.00 ( Reserve) on Gun Broker and see where the bidding goes. Do you have an idea of what you want for it??? Are you sure you even want to sell it??? Good Luck to you!!
They're not mine. They are at a local auction. I was considering possibly buying. These are definitely going to bring some big bucks I believe. There is more than one. And the art work is just amazing on everyone of them. I wish I could afford the whole set. You can be the lucky buyer if you want to be. They are at Reddings Auction Service in Gettysburg Pa. Here's a link to the other 3 barrel shotguns/rifle. https://photos.app.goo.gl/GPhvjoUCDvyLyEh17

They have pictures if you follow the link to the pictures. There are about 5 or 6 of these firearms. Some are known manufacturers, but 2 of these are unknown. Someone was a serious collector of these.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GPhvjoUCDvyLyEh17
Wow, those specimens are fantastic.

Deciphering those proof marks could take a few hours, as their meaning can vary greatly from the 1890's through WWI and even up to WWII.

On the only drilling I own, the rifle caliber proof mark doesn't have a cartridge designation - just the bore diameter. Even then, it was expressed in gauge rather than metric. Instead of '11.1mm' or .43" it has '58.50' which is that diameter in the German gauge. The closest I could pin down it's manufacturing date is between 1891-1912.

I've got an original 1888 Mauser sporter made between 1901-1910 in 8x57 Mauser with the earlier .318" bore. It's barrel is marked in the German gauge as well - which in that case is '172/28' with the slash instead of a decimal.

Here's a link to identifying some of these fine firearms:

The gun takes an German Claw mount. EAW makes these claw mounts. There is one only one dealer in the USA that sales EAW mount now if i can remember their name. I own one of these that I brought back from Germany when I was stationed there. A drilling goes for alot of money depending on make a model with alot of them being custom built. This one looks like a custom build for someone.

Any idea on value ? Double barrel 16 ga & 9.3X72R COMBO.
I'll attach the link to the sale. If interested you can bid online. They have a lot of fine firearms coming up this weekend. This rare beauty caught my eye. But not sure on value. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=azNpVjZ5V3ozSzhhY2w0S1hfeVFIUTlZSmJJTVVR
View attachment 536272
View attachment 536264
View attachment 536265
View attachment 536306
That is a very nice gun, will follow with interest.

If not markings at all other than engraving, it is s Guild Gun. Look carefully for the engravers mark or signature. There are lots of great engravers out there, and a guild combo like that could be worth a lot of money. I love drillings, but they never get used so I have sold all mine.

Wow, those specimens are fantastic.

Deciphering those proof marks could take a few hours, as their meaning can vary greatly from the 1890's through WWI and even up to WWII.

On the only drilling I own, the rifle caliber proof mark doesn't have a cartridge designation - just the bore diameter. Even then, it was expressed in gauge rather than metric. Instead of '11.1mm' or .43" it has '58.50' which is that diameter in the German gauge. The closest I could pin down it's manufacturing date is between 1891-1912.

I've got an original 1888 Mauser sporter made between 1901-1910 in 8x57 Mauser with the earlier .318" bore. It's barrel is marked in the German gauge as well - which in that case is '172/28' with the slash instead of a decimal.

Here's a link to identifying some of these fine firearms:
Really helpful link. Thanks