Buying a new Vehicle

I am hearing the same over here Lefty7mmstw about all cars/suv's and trucks right now.I have a friend in a pickle as his car has close to 300,000 miles on it.
Instead of buying something new he just ordered a factory rebuilt transmission for the car.He has worked at the same Ford dealership for over 20 years and could get a discount but it would still be too expensive.Things can't go on like this much longer without damaging the economy.
One thing I see is you might have to be willing to change brands. The Ram we were looking at was 58K. A mid sized Chevy pickup was 42K when I was over for an oil change on the work truck the other day. When I hit the 'Yota lot they had a couple of average turbo 6 trucks for 48K.
My wife likes her Ram; she can keep it I guess and we may just buy another winter capable ride. I'm not paying over 1K a month for a cloth seats truck. I'll keep what I have and toss a beater in the mix first, even though the biggest reason I've been buying new is I really don't like working on heaps.

Recent Posts