Buying a new Vehicle

The thing is, it doesn't matter who's name is on the vehicle, where it Is made, they all break down! Cars are machines that are constantly wearing out. All manufacturers have good years and bad years and all the fan boys of one brand or another should realize that. I have Dodge, Chevy, Ford and Toyota vehicles setting in my driveway right now. They have all broke at one point or another.
And that's what keeps me employed. I have customers that say "I bought (insert brand here) because they never break down. My comment is " and yet your here". No favorite brands here.

Finally got Jill a vehicle today.

Kia Sportage and paid $3k above sticker price on the window. Dealers Gouging and steal as much money as they can while the inventory shortage.
SUPPLY CHAIN!!!

What are you going to do. Had to get Jill a vehicle to drive to work even though she was supposed to retire May 2022. Could not due to Brandon's Economy and loosing around 30% in our IRA and 401K..

Have no idea where this Country will be in another year.
I BLAME the US Citizens - they are the ones that voted for this Economy. Remember "WE THE PEOPLE" voted for what is happening.
SAD:confused:😠😩😓

God Bless our Country!
Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year to ALL!!!!!
Len & Jill

Bump for Husky. There not as hard and slick when wet. Love mine in my F250. JMHO

Just read this Post tonight. Lifting you up in my prayers!!!!!
Jimmy & Jan

Bump for Husky. There not as hard and slick when wet. Love mine in my F250. JMHO

Just read this Post tonight. Lifting you up in my prayers!!!!!
Jimmy & Jan
Thanks
I am calming down a bit after the Hospital ordeal, Jill getting Hit & Ran (totaled our vehicle), working with the insurance to get money transferred and purchasing a new vehicle from the Price Gouging Dealerships.
Leaning for towards the Husky floor liners.
Thanks again
Len & Jill

Well, I am now in exactly the same boat. My wife got t-boned in our Honda Accord Friday night. Thank God she is ok, but experiencing a little tightness in neck and shoulders, so going to urgent care tomorrow. According to their insurance, it is totalled. They just came and picked it up today, and Ill have to wait for the insurance offer. Then well have to look for a new vehicle. AARRRGH !!! From what I hear here and elsewhere, I am preparing to have to grab my ankles. Dammit, paidoff Honda Accord with low miles, could've driven it for years and years.

Well, I am now in exactly the same boat. My wife got t-boned in our Honda Accord Friday night. Thank God she is ok, but experiencing a little tightness in neck and shoulders, so going to urgent care tomorrow. According to their insurance, it is totalled. They just came and picked it up today, and Ill have to wait for the insurance offer. Then well have to look for a new vehicle. AARRRGH !!! From what I hear here and elsewhere, I am preparing to have to grab my ankles. Dammit, paidoff Honda Accord with low miles, could've driven it for years and years.
So sorry to hear that. Glad that your wife is OK. Sometimes it takes a few days for the symptoms to show up so make sure that she gets checked out. Hopefully the other car had insurance. You may get a better deal for a "Totaled" Price. We had a hit and Run so had to take the offer from our insurance.
Dealers are true 'Used Car Salesman" of the past now even on the new vehicles. Very low inventory, charging $3K to $15K above the MSRP and they try to add all these standard extras on. They even charged $900 for the key Fobs - stating they are special Security Keys.
Jill likes the new Kia, but every time I look at it I get upset on how we got taken advantaged of. Could not do anything else. All the 12 Dealerships in the area were the same. Just like the Action Manufactures are now.
Good luck my friend.

Please, coming from a mechanic, DO NOT buy a toyota. They used to be good but they are riding on their reputation now. The prices are high and the quality doesn't warrant it these days. I cant tell you how many engines and front differentials we've seen take a dump. Not sure they're engineered for hard Colorado winters.

Nissans have been awesome for years, and still are.

Chevy still has a very, very good drivetrain but I hate working on them. They are built to be taken to the dealer for work and take alot of special tools and knowledge to take apart. Layers and layers and layers of plastic and brittle clips to get to anything in the interior.

Mazda makes a great car.

Fords are getting better, but be wary of the known issues. My business owner freind has had a fleet of ford trucks for years and likes them.

We always say if we could get a ford super duty with a 12 vslve cummins engine and manual control allison transmission, it would be the last truck you ever buy.

just talked to the mopar dealer on a truck build yesterday. 58 K for a decent but not over the top Bighorn... I'm sitting on it for a bit... That's a lot of money.

I am hearing the same over here Lefty7mmstw about all cars/suv's and trucks right now.I have a friend in a pickle as his car has close to 300,000 miles on it.
Instead of buying something new he just ordered a factory rebuilt transmission for the car.He has worked at the same Ford dealership for over 20 years and could get a discount but it would still be too expensive.Things can't go on like this much longer without damaging the economy.