buck @ 406, doe @ 689

RDM416,

Excellent sir. Thank you very much. How do you like the optics on the Nightforce compared to your Swarovski? which Swaro's did you have? How do you like the Nightforce rings? Thanks again!

Beautiful rifle. How about a closeup of that fine action and another where the claiber is "stamped" on the barrel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Man the Kirby does some nice work!

Hired gun and Boman,

Hired gun, here are the pics you requested.

Boman, I have two swarovski scopes, a 6X-24X 50mm, and 4X-16X 50mm. Both have TDS reticles. I have had the 4-16 for several years and the 6-24 for a little over a year. Both are fine scopes and I have been very pleased with them.

The main reason for my switch to NF is the target turrets and NF reputation for precise "dial up and return to 0". Since I started dialing up for elevation, I don't want to go back to using multi-range reticles.

I have not spent a great deal of time comparing the two side by side optically, but it seems like the NF may be just a little brighter in low light. However the comparison is not really fair to the swaro since they are 50mm and the NF is 56mm.

The other thing I like better about the NF is the side parallax adjustment. The front adjustment is almost impossible to do with swaro while looking throught the scope with the rifle shouldered.

As far as the NF lightweight rings, "perfect" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RDM416,
Thanks for the info. I understand about the Swaro scopes and the dialing in. I too have a Swarovski but its the 1" 4-12x50 with the TDS. Thanks again on the Nightforce info.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.