buck @ 406, doe @ 689

RDM416

Both deer were shot with a .338 Kahn built for me by Kirby Allen. McMillan A5 stock, Badger scope base, Night Force rings and NF NXS 5.5 to 22 X 56mm scope. I dialed in the drops for both shots

The buck was taken in NE Missouri on a very windy day at 406 yards. The bullet used was a Barnes 210gr TSX. The deer was quartering to me at a steep angle. The bullet hit the forward shoulder and exited behind the offside shoulder. The deer did not take a step. I was shooting from an elevated box blind with a window ledge and birdseed bag for a rest. He scored 162 2/8 gross B&C.

The doe was taken on my farm in Arkansas at 689 yards with the same rifle. The bullet used was a 250grn SMK. The shot was taken prone using a bipod and rear bag (birdseed). My buddy was 200 yards down range and off to one side of the doe in an elevated box blind with a video camera. The video of the bullet exiting the deer is pretty cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

That is a dandy buck and nice shootin too! Big ol' congratulations are in order.

RDM416:

Great pics and sounds like you had some great hunts. That's a great looking buck and I really like that split G-2. That Kahn wasn't even breathing hard for those two deer.

I second MattR's request. If there's any way to post the video, it would be great.

Thanks guys, it was definatly a good year for me and bad year for some whitetails! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll try to figure out a way to get the video available. If nothing else I should be able to make an avi clip and e-mail it to anyone who wants it.

RDM416,

Excellent shooting! Congrats on the shots and the very nice deer. I have one more request though.. Could you post a picture of the rifle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks and Congrats again

RDM416,
**** that thing is sweet man. I'll have to go back and check out the specs again. Thanks man.

Ok RDM416, I need more specs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif What barrel contour is that? How bout that muzzle break? The weight of the rifle as is? How do you like that Nightforce scope, which reticle did you go with? Lastly how bout the color mixture of that stock. Thanks man.. **** I'm jealous!

Boman,
Here are the specs on the rifle, all that I can think of right now anyway!

Barrel is 27" Lilja, honestly don't know the contour, it is a heavy benchrest barrel that Lilja just happend to have in stock when Kirby needed it to fix my rifle. It is deep fluted.

The brake is a Holland QD. Best brake out there! My opinion of course, don't want to start a war here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The NF scope is great. It is my first NF but I am already making plans to replace the swaro's I have on other rifles with the NF. I love the dial elevation and windage, the optics are bright and clear. I used the NP R2 retical The scope is mounted with NF lightweight rings on a Badger 20moa cant picatinny rail. I also have an angle cosine indicator and bubble mounted on the rail (they did not show up well in the pic)

The stock is a three color swirl of brown, green and black. I added the leather on the adjustable cheekpiece as the black foam that came on it was not very durable.

As pictured the rifle weighs in at 18lbs 4oz. (unloaded, loaded add another pound or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

It likes 250grn SMKs and 210grn Barnes TSXs. I get 1/4 to 3/8 groups with both at 100, 3 to 4" groups at 700yds. (that is as far as I have shot it). I have some 300grn and 350grn ULD RBBTs coming in from Wildcat bullets. Can't wait to see how they do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts