607y doe

harv

Deer season was good this year. Had 4 tags (1 muzzleloader tag and 3 rifle). Shot a little buck in muzzle and 2 bucks and a doe in rifle. Didn't find anything big this year but filled the freezer.
I had 2 days of hunting left ant 2 tags. The first day I hunted alone. I decided I would only shoot a big buck or a longrang doe this day as my 9 year old son would be with me the last day and I wanted a tag left to hunt with him. Went to a field that offered up to a 700y shot. 4 deer were at the far end of the field. Glassed them, no bucks but 2 nice does and 2 smaller ones. Lazered the biggest doe at 607 yards. Checked my drop chart and held at 2.8 MIL. Squeesed the trigger and the doe stumbled. She walked about 50 feet and dropped. She was quartering away from me and the 140g accubond went through just below the spine opening up a major autery and one lung. Cleaned her up and went looking for the big buck. no luck.
Day 2 my son was with me. Hunted most of the morning with no deer in shooting range. Just befor lunch we were walking throught the bush when I spotted a fallen tree that looked wrong. I glassed the tree and was almost sure it was a deer when it stood up. A small buck at just over 100y. All I could see through the trees was a nose the tips of his antlers the front edge of the sholders and neck and his rump. Lined up for a neck shot and he dropped. Not a big guy but my son was thrilled.
PB230155.JPG

Last edited:
You linked to the thumbnail. Go back and get the link to the fullsize picture. I. E. go to Hunt 101 and click on the thumbnail to get it full size and then copy the link from it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.