brothers doe

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by stxhunter, Nov 25, 2007.

1. stxhunter

stxhunter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]here is a pic of the doe my brother shot yesterday. the shot was about a 125 yd not long range for me or most of you guys but for my brother it is. he's missed the last 3 deer he's shot at because he gets so excited he can't shoot strait. he can punch paper all day long but put a live target in front of him and you think he was going to have a heart attack so i'm proud of him for finally making a shot. he was using a savage in 7mm mag the deer was quartering towargs him walking bullet went in upper left chest came out in lower front of right quarter DRT.

2. long450

long450 Well-Known Member

Looks like deer steak to me! Long range means different things to different people. Tell him next time to pretend it is a paper target of a deer.

If there was no excitment, none of us would take the time or spend our hard earned money doing it. Trick is not to get toooooo excited though.

He may be able to control it on the next one.

3. elkstalker300

elkstalker300 Well-Known Member

Laughing Out Loud Sounds like my Brother In Law, he missed 2 bucks, one was a huge 5 point muley really wide and really tall, the kind dreams are made of, at about 200 yds. Seems like the past few years when he does connect it is an the ass so we have really let him have it and now I think he worries so much about shot placement he completley misses. Any way cangrats on your brothers doe now they may start to come more easily