365 yrd doe

stxhunter

finally figured out how to post a pic shot this doe last month with my 300 rum700p
ranch008.jpg

180 grn corelocs havent worked any loads up yet i quit drag racing a couple of yr ago and traded that hobbie for hunting and fishing still got to get with my father and get his reloading stuff set back up hes been shooting and reloading for over fifty yrs all the reloading ive doon in the past has been 45s and 38 super on a dillion when we use to shoot matchs and steel plates i got some 200 grn accubonds and some retumbo and h1000 to try
IM000069.jpg

Nice picture and that's a good job of sneaking in a car picture without anybody noticing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

how do you get them to hold still in that position long enough for the shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jim B.

its not easy by the way what would you recommend as far as getting ready for a hunt in new mexico my budy chris thats in the picture helping me hold up that tarpon got discharged from the military last yr and moved back to roswell he invited me to come up and hunt this yr any advice would be aperciated

Looks like you are ready as far as gun and shooting ability. You can take my advice any way you like it. I am an overweight grandfather and the thing I wish I had done differently before hunting out west was physical exercise. If you are not in shape, those mountains will eat you alive. I would suggest walking, running, jogging at least several miles a day. You will enjoy the hunt much more. I prepared that way for every trip I made after my disaster on the first one. By the morning of my second day, I could barely walk, much less hunt. I was ready for the rest of my hunts and have hunted New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming. Comfortable, broken in boots, Clothing for hot and cold weather. Listen to your buddy in New Mexico. He will steer you in the right direction

thanks i'm in pretty good shape for going on 44 work out on a reguler bases left wieghts three times a week i don't run a lot almost had my foot amputated when i was 24 got trampaled by a horse so my biggest problem would be the arthritis in my ankle as a result of that but i do a lot of walking and have learned to live with it i would really like some info on diffrent eqiupment that might be usefull

well I don't know but you may need a bigger gun for does.lol J/K nice doe!

As for hunting in New Mexico, get a set of steady stix for the kneeling shots and some pole cat tri's for the standing shots, cause depending on where you hunt it may be a long shot so you want to have a good rest. and walk a lot cause most of the time you will be doing that, and if you don't have a good pair of Bino's , get some cause you will need them.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.