Brux or Bartlein barrel?

I have a Bartlein which shoots great and two Brux which shoot great. I can't tell any difference. I have asked two smith's which I have dealt with and one recommended Kreiger and the other Mullerworks. I now have three Mullerworks and can't tell much difference HAHA. I do believe the Mullerworks (3 different Calibers) have broke in the best and clean the best for what its worth.

The chamber end dimensions didn't match the dimensions shown on their contour chart.

EDD,

I would like to know specifically which contour and which dimensions didn't match. This is to satisfy my curiosity, not to cause any trouble. I just want to know. Use my PM if that would be easier.

Thanks!

I know this is a old thread but I had a 7mm rem mag built using a #3 Bartlein. Finished @ 26" no brake 9 twist. It shoots factory loaded 168 bergers lights out. Same gunsmith @ the same time built a 264 win mag using a brux 28" with a brake 8 twist. The brux has been a major pain in my arss. I'm going to work up some more loads for it tomorrow but so far I'm not a fan @ all. I've tried several different powders with 127 Barnes, 130 accubonds & 140 vlds. Tomorrow I'm going to try a 147 eld-m & 142 Sierra matchking.

What powder are you using? My 26" 8T Bartlien likes Retumbo on 140 class and N570 w/ the 156EOL. Break in was around 60-70 rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.