Barrel Selection, Brux?

PDA

Time for a new barrel for my .300 Win Mag Sendaro. Looking at several of the offerings out there Brux seems to be significantly less expensive (around $100 less). Has anyone used their barrels and how did it perform in the areas of accuracy, cleaning, fit and finish. I was contemplating a Lilja or Rock Creek, but saving $100 buys a lot of components.

Lets hear it,

Aaron

just had one put on my custom 260 and it is great. first 5 shot group was .510 outside to outside so subtract .264 from that and that is my group.
cleans so smooth that you won't believe it.
My gun smith said that the barrel was the best he had ever seen and he is a huge Kreiger Fan. He has also put on some Saturns and some sheilan's and few others.
would not hesitate to order another one

I decided to go with a Brux barrel for my custom build with Center Shot Rifles. I don't have it yet, it should be done sometime soon. I'm willing to bet that you will be very satisfied.

i also decided to go with a brux barrel on my custom build from center shot rifles. it will be a little while until i get my rifle because i just recently order it but based upon the results jim has gotten from other brux barrels he has used i am sure that i will love it

Brux are superb! The interupted fluting is a heck of a nice looking option too. Nate at Straight Shot Gunsmithing has loads of expereince with them. Might send him an email.

3 shots / sub 1.5" group at 720 yards with a Brux barrel this past weekend.
I own 4 Brux barrels.

IMG_1062.jpg

I have 2 in operation now with 1 on order. My gunsmith was and still is a huge fan of Kreiger, but now he is fast becomeing a Brux fan. Plus it is nice not having to wait 6 to 9 months on a barrell. I give them 2 thumbs up.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.