Bartlein barrel contours

emtyhopper

I'm planning on ordering a bartlein in the next couple days to rebarrel a Remington 700. Does anyone have pictures of a 3b or #3? Comparison pictures with a Remington magnum or sendero would be great.

Also, can anyone give me a finished rifle weight with one of these?

I'm going with 7mm rem mag at 26". It will be a hunting rifle for deer and antelope out to 5-600 yards, and id like to be able to shoot steel out 1000 or so. I'm using high tech specialties stock and a leupold vx5 3-15x44.

Great scope choice! I dont have any info for you yet. I am building a rifle for my daughter but her barrel will be much shorter. Ill be using one of those profiles you mentioned since Ive heard so many people like them.

I'm running a PTG Remington 700 long action with a 26" Bartlein 2B with 6 straight flutes. Topped it off with a VX 5HD 3-15x44. HS bottom DBM in a manners EH1. Total weight fully loaded 9.5lbs. With a little heavier contour you'd be sitting a little north of that I guess?

I'm running a PTG Remington 700 long action with a 26" Bartlein 2B with 6 straight flutes. Topped it off with a VX 5HD 3-15x44. HS bottom DBM in a manners EH1. Total weight fully loaded 9.5lbs. With a little heavier contour you'd be sitting a little north of that I guess?
My stock, sunny hill bottom metal, mag box and bolts weigh 2lbs 5oz.
The Remington 700 im using has had quite a bit of machining to lighten it, but im not really sure what kind of difference that will make.
20200911_235216.jpg

I like the idea of going with a 2b to keep the balance and weight down since this will be a hunting rifle, but it will spend a lot more time at the range than anywhere and I'd like to be able to stretch it out.
How does yours shoot with the 2b?

It's shoots amazing. I've only taken it to 500, but with both 135 and 156 grn bergers it shoots .5 MOA (2.46" 4 shot group with 135s and 2.58" 4 shot group 156s). Mine is chambered in 6.5-06AI. Sounds like your stock / bottom metal is probably lighter. I do like the balance of it.
935D9C7E-127A-4E1F-80E4-2B3BC99497A4.jpeg

I've got 2b (23"), 3 (25") and 6 ( 25" Varmit). I like both the 2b and 3 for hunting. The 6 is too heavy for me to want to take hunting any more. I don't notice any appreciable change in accuracy between the 2b and 3 contour rifles I own but then they aren't as long as you're looking at either. One thing to consider when picking your contour, is what muzzle device options will be for whatever you pick. Even the 3 contour will potential cross a few options off.

I'm planning on ordering a bartlein in the next couple days to rebarrel a Remington 700. Does anyone have pictures of a 3b or #3? Comparison pictures with a Remington magnum or sendero would be great.

Also, can anyone give me a finished rifle weight with one of these?

I'm going with 7mm rem mag at 26". It will be a hunting rifle for deer and antelope out to 5-600 yards, and id like to be able to shoot steel out 1000 or so. I'm using high tech specialties stock and a leupold vx5 3-15x44.
I would go with carbon fiber barrel that they make ,I'm in the process of getting a custom 30 nosler made with one of there barrels

Go to Bugholes barrels and look at the Bartlein page. If you click on the contours link it will give you contours dimensions and weights. I believe your barrels weigh about 3.5 and 4 lb respecively - but I'm going from memory

Yeah I've looked at the barrel contour page from bartlein several times, I was just hoping maybe someone would have a picture of one with a contour I am familiar with as a comparison.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.