243 Brux Barrel

sendero72

Thinking of rebarreling my 243 with a Brux barrel. Looking to shoot bullet weights in the 105 to 107 grs. 26 inch barrel. Anyone shooting this configuration with great results? Thinking this will take a 8 twist to stabilize.

I have a Brux barrel on my .243 Tactical Match (basically a .243 Win. with slightly tighter tolerances). It has a 1:8 twist and shoots the 105 gr. Berger VLD into half inch groups when I do my part. Never shoot wider than .75 MOA. Love the barrel.

I have a Brux barrel on my .243 Tactical Match (basically a .243 Win. with slightly tighter tolerances). It has a 1:8 twist and shoots the 105 gr. Berger VLD into half inch groups when I do my part. Never shoot wider than .75 MOA. Love the barrel.

+1
My 284 has a Brux 9 twist and I couldn't be happier with it.

1/2 inch groups at 100 yards and I'm just getting started.

I have Brux on a 22-250, a 243. ..a 6mmBR and 25-06AI and a 260 and just recently got my 222 Remington from the smith also barreled with Brux.

I'll stay with Brux until I get a real bummer and then move on.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.