Browning A-bolt II micro medallion

mudman02

I bought this in 7-08, someone put a Boyle's stock on it, it will not feed when bolting, I'm thinking the clip isn't going in deep enough. Has anyone ever had this kind of trouble ?

A couple questions. Will it not push the next round forward from the magazine? Or will the bolt not close properly?

I'm assuming it has the clip that snaps onto the floor plate. Check and see if there's any space between the floor plate and the stock. I had to do a small amount of inletting on my factory stock to get the feeding correct. Also, I'd take the mag apart and clean it, IIRC the mag spring is a scissor style.

I'm assuming it has the clip that snaps onto the floor plate. Check and see if there's any space between the floor plate and the stock. I had to do a small amount of inletting on my factory stock to get the feeding correct. Also, I'd take the mag apart and clean it, IIRC the mag spring is a scissor style.
Okay, I will check that out
A couple questions. Will it not push the next round forward from the magazine? Or will the bolt not close properly?
With the clip loaded and inserted, with one in the chamber. Shoot, bolt and it won't chamber, it comes up out of clip but not catch

In my ABolt 2, 280 Rem, it is finicky with shell length.

With factory ammo it was fine, but I had to trim all fired brass to the minimum length. I am talking a few thousandths. If they were a couple thousandths long they wouldn't chamber correctly.

Are you dealing with boxed ammo or reloads?

Maybe I need to try trimming
Maybe, but most likely you need to adjust the bottom metal relative to the action and/or tweak the magazine.

It's going to be pretty much impossible for someone to diagnose without having it in hand to see what is actually going on.

Watch and see where the cartridge is hanging up and then adjust accordingly so it doesn't hang up there anymore. You can use shims(washers, match book, milk jug, whatever) for temporary adjustment of the bottom metal and then bed it into place once it's positioned correctly and functioning.

Maybe, but most likely you need to adjust the bottom metal relative to the action and/or tweak the magazine.

It's going to be pretty much impossible for someone to diagnose without having it in hand to see what is actually going on.

Watch and see where the cartridge is hanging up and then adjust accordingly so it doesn't hang up there anymore. You can use shims(washers, match book, milk jug, whatever) for temporary adjustment of the bottom metal and then bed it into place once it's positioned correctly and functioning.
Yes, I will check this first , before messing with the load. I will keep you updated. Thank you

Looking at pictures, it's right where it's supposed to be
If it was right where it was supposed to be it would feed. You're going to have to tinker with it or take it to someone that will. I'd load a couple dummy rounds or take the firing pin out to eliminate the chance of an accidental discharge as it will need to be cycled repeatedly as you watch what is going on and adjust things.

If it was right where it was supposed to be it would feed. You're going to have to tinker with it or take it to someone that will. I'd load a couple dummy rounds or take the firing pin out to eliminate the chance of an accidental discharge as it will need to be cycled repeatedly as you watch what is going on and adjust things.
Okay, thank you