bore guide

hydehunter

looking at ordering a Possum Hollow bore guide for a Rem 700 that will be chambered for a 6mm Creedmore, it looks like a # 4 would work their guide does nor list the 6 creed only 243,6 rem. anyone know which one will work?Possum Hollow does not answer their phone. thanks Jim

called Brownells and was told to call Possum Hollow so I tried they do not answer the phone, so I wonder are they out of business and their mail box is full, so I think I will get a # 4 and try it if I ever get the rifle build done waiting going on 5 months for McMillan to send a stock they are now 6 months min.I would think from a business point of view if I had that many orders I would look into expanding my business IMOP

I bought one directly from Possum Hollow about 4 years ago. I tried several times sending emails and phoning him. Took about a week to make initial contact, and he never answered my email (He finally answered the phone). It took about three weeks to get the bore guide. The # I have for him is 321-338-7757. He must be really busy.

I ended up ordering a different one from Lucas ( [email protected]), and it is a much better piece of equipment. It cost a little more, but I feel it is worth every penny.
I think I saw somewhere that Lucas is not making them full-time anymore, so he only makes them as he gets enough orders to make it worth his time. He does not take phone calls, only emails. He responded quickly and answered all of my questions. I got the bore guide when he said I would. Great person to do business with.
He makes the bore guide specifically for your rifle caliber, and makes the insert to fit the diameter of your cleaning rod (he will ask what diameter rod you use). I changed cleaning rods and ordered another insert of the correct diameter, and had it in three days.
He makes a quality product, and comes highly regarded by anyone who has dealt with him.

Last edited:
I bought one directly from Possum Hollow about 4 years ago. I tried several times sending emails and phoning him. Took about a week to make initial contact, and he never answered my email (He finally answered the phone). It took about three weeks to get the bore guide. The # I have for him is 321-338-7757. He must be really busy.

I ended up ordering a different one from Lucas ( [email protected]), and it is a much better piece of equipment. It cost a little more, but I feel it is worth every penny.
I think I saw somewhere that Lucas is not making them full-time anymore, so he only makes them as he gets enough orders to make it worth his time. He does not take phone calls, only emails. He responded quickly and answered all of my questions. I got the bore guide when he said I would. Great person to do business with.
He makes the bore guide specifically for your rifle caliber, and makes the insert to fit the diameter of your cleaning rod (he will ask what diameter rod you use). I changed cleaning rods and ordered another insert of the correct diameter, and had it in three days.
He makes a quality product, and comes highly regarded by anyone who has dealt with him.

Mike Lucas guides are the best by far. Hope he continues to make them, I have a couple new rifles coming.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.