made my own bore guide. want feedback

dulzura

I could not find exactly what I was looking for regarding a cleaning rod bore guide for my yet to be fired TC Venture 7mm Rem Mag. I was going to copy the ones made by Sinclair/Possum Hollow which are made of Delrin. When I punched the "buy" button for the Delrin stock and 12" drill bit from an online supplier, my dang wireless went down! I went out to my home workshop, chucked up some nylon stock and started turning. I had some SS tubing in the right diameter and came up with the following. The only thing I wondered was whether I should trim the case neck down so the brush/patches passed over the edge where the case ends or leave it like it is. My decision was to leave it. I made it so that it locks into the gun via the bolt release catch so I don't have to hold it in. Please let me know if you have any opinion on this design whether good/bad. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Genius! I have one of the cheap black and yellow ones. Gets the job done but a pain in the rear to use. Ill have to make one of these. I like the idea of using a fired case as the actual Guide.

Nice work. Brass may cause you to get a little color from the copper removing chemicals but otherwise looks like it will work conceptually from my vantage point.

I could not find exactly what I was looking for regarding a cleaning rod bore guide for my yet to be fired TC Venture 7mm Rem Mag. I was going to copy the ones made by Sinclair/Possum Hollow which are made of Delrin. When I punched the "buy" button for the Delrin stock and 12" drill bit from an online supplier, my dang wireless went down! I went out to my home workshop, chucked up some nylon stock and started turning. I had some SS tubing in the right diameter and came up with the following. The only thing I wondered was whether I should trim the case neck down so the brush/patches passed over the edge where the case ends or leave it like it is. My decision was to leave it. I made it so that it locks into the gun via the bolt release catch so I don't have to hold it in. Please let me know if you have any opinion on this design whether good/bad. Thanks.

been doing that for over 15 years. Not perfect, but cheap.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.