Bore scope

I ordered one off of Amazon on Friday the 13th. I just got it today, delivered by DHL. It came all the way from China through customs, and got here in two days (not including weekend). Not too shabby !!

CZ UHR 3.jpg
Just got my Teslong the other day.The detail seems to be better if the barrel is just a little dull.I did some deep cleaning on this barrel so I'm getting a lot of reflection from the polished bore.It looked like a copper mine before I did some serious copper cleaning on this CZ 550 300 Win Mag.Now I see why I had so much hell getting this rifle to shoot well.The last two inches of the barrel at the muzzle end has some serious annular tool marks deeper than the lands and grooves.I also checked my PacNor Super Match Grade 30-06 barrel yesterday.Wow what a beautiful barrel that is.
CZ UHR1.jpg
CZ UHR2.jpg

View attachment 164274 Just got my Teslong the other day.The detail seems to be better if the barrel is just a little dull.I did some deep cleaning on this barrel so I'm getting a lot of reflection from the polished bore.It looked like a copper mine before I did some serious copper cleaning on this CZ 550 300 Win Mag.Now I see why I had so much hell getting this rifle to shoot well.The last two inches of the barrel at the muzzle end has some serious annular tool marks deeper than the lands and grooves.I also checked my PacNor Super Match Grade 30-06 barrel yesterday.Wow what a beautiful barrel that is.View attachment 164272 View attachment 164273
I just got my teslong today, and my savage fv12 22-250 shoots under 1/2 moa at 100 yds first group out of the box, but the bore looks like yours most of the way down. I'm interested to watch it as I run it through a proper break in and see if they change any. My shilen barrel looks more like your PacNor, but even it has a few rings on the lands in various spots.

I checked a few more of my rifles today.One had a few annular ring marks,but they were shallow in the grooves.I has not affected the accuracy.The CZ has them deep across both lands and grooves.I also noticed some throat erosion on a Remington 300 Win Mag that's starting to get bad.Rifle still shoots good,but for how long,who knows.
Rem 300Win.jpg
r3wm.jpg
r3wm2.jpg

Last edited:
This is Remington 300wsm.Just a little sign of erosion,just up to the leads.Notice how this rifle has very little freebore.I bet it could be freebored just a little and that would clean most of that up.I guess you could raise a good argument for starting with a short throat.I have to stay below book max on this rifle because it has no freebore.If I use 180gr data it's just about perfect for 165-168gr loads.I really have to watch for pressure spikes and you can see why.
r3sm.jpg
r3sm1.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a Lyman Borecam a few years ago and though they may not be professional grade, they work pretty darn good for only costing $200 and I've actually been very happy with it.
I also use a Lyman bore scope and here is a little trick that I have learned if you are at the range lets say and you have no power my solution was to buy a portable phone battery pack and charger. It will fit directly into the USB slot and make your Lyman bore scope portable. I also like the fact that you can store taken images on a memory card and download those files to your computer. This will allow you to check such items as throat erosion , barrel condition , copper fouling , barrel pitting, and general wear.
This Lyman bore cam works very well, with bright clear, and remarkable image quality for the price. I think you may like it, I know I use mine on every rifle that I own and never had an issue. Just my 2 cents worth!

Been scrubbing on this one trying to get all the copper out...that's just 6 rounds down a brand new barrel, cleaned it for several hours now. That crap just ain't coming out
Screenshot_20191226-233923_Endoscope Camera.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.