Best rangefinder for the price?

The Cabelas camo version operates exactly the same as the other colors. No difference other than you'll have to remember exactly where you set it down when you're in the woods.

Couple of quick questions:

What is the difference between the Kilo 2200 and the Kilo 2200MR?

The Cabelas 2200LRH model is equivalent to which model?

I've been using the Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30 for some time now. Would the Kilo 2200 be a significant improvement?

I've seen first hand more Sig kilo 2000 fail as in stop working completely than anything else that is supposed to be of similar quality. I've had Leica 900, 1200, 1600, and now 2000 and they have been extremely durable and accurate. I have compared my Leica to 3 different Sig kilo 2000 and under perfect conditions the Sig would range farther than my Leica 1600 but one the lighting changed slightly it was bye bye readings from the sigs. The picture through the Leica glass is more true than the Sig by far and not the blue tint that a lot of rangefinder have.
There are a few threads here about Sig fails and I know I wouldn't want it to stop working when the moment to shoot comes.
I just picked up the Leica 2000-b 2017 green edition for $500. Camofire.com has great deals quite often.

Well, if you really want him to be pleased with your gift, you should probably find some way to ask him unless he doesn't have a clue.

I would lean toward the Lieca supe clear and range down to 13yds. The distance they state they range to is not just off of reflective objects. I ranged a deer at 754yds with my old Lieca 800 but my friends 1200 bushnell could not. In fact the closest he got was 600 on the grass way out in front of the deer. I have a friend now using his Lieca 1600 as binos because he can not find binos as clear as his range finder. Another point is the Lieca readout is very easy to read. Hope this helps.

Well, if you really want him to be pleased with your gift, you should probably find some way to ask him unless he doesn't have a clue.

He doesn't have a clue, that's the problem.
This is becoming a harder decision by the minute. Between the Leica 2000b, which I was already looking at, and the Sig Kilo 2200, which I had almost decided on.
I just want something that is going to work for him and be reliable. I'd hate for him to be out in the mountains of Idaho and his rangefinder decide not to work that day...

He'll be happy with either, I personally have not had any issue with the Sig products.
If he's not a long ranger shooter the Sig 1200 is less money and bang on readings on just about anything out to 1000 yrd. Almost any range finder will get a bit funky as you push there designed limits. The Sig 2200 will give him fast and accurate reading 1200 yards or less 99.9% of the time. Most folks don't have much need for anything beyond 1200 yrd. if you can't get closer than that you ain't hunting you just shooting.

He'll be happy with either, I personally have not had any issue with the Sig products.
If he's not a long ranger shooter the Sig 1200 is less money and bang on readings on just about anything out to 1000 yrd. Almost any range finder will get a bit funky as you push there designed limits. The Sig 2200 will give him fast and accurate reading 1200 yards or less 99.9% of the time. Most folks don't have much need for anything beyond 1200 yrd. if you can't get closer than that you ain't hunting you just shooting.

I believe his longest shot was 724 yards, and I doubt he'd actively try to shoot beyond that, but the only info I could get out of him about what he'd like in a rangefinder is it needs to range up to 1200 yards. So I just want to be relatively sure that whatever I get will reliably range to that distance on non-reflective surfaces. Not necessarily deer or elk, as I realize that's pushing it, but you get the idea.

The Lieca is your best choice superb glass and will range 1200yds all day long. It may be more money but it is money you won;t have to spend on a upgrade. As he becomes more interested in long range shooting the Lieca will fill his needs.

I pretty much agree with this. I have a Lieca 1600 and it's been just fine. It gives me an angle reading also which I consider every bit as important as the range. Batteries last forever. No experience with a Sig but they sound great as well.

I only have the sig 2000 and I can always, so far anyway I have only had it a couple of months get over 1000 yard reading and it takes into consideration the angle of the shot. Everything I read says that the 2200 is much better. I only need one that will read every time to 900 or 1000 yards. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.