Best Rangefinder for the money?

They all have the problem you present to some extent.

I have a Leica 1200 Scan. Its main limitation it the 1200 yd design limit.:(

Be sure that whatever you get ranges the deer and not the stuff around it. At LRH distances the stuff around it isn't close enough.

Swaro - Swaro - Swaro

Ranging deer out to 1,000yds was not too difficult if the rangefinder was held steady against a rest. Hand holding at that distance did affect its performance, as I'm sure it would for any other laser rangefinder.

Thats like a trick question! ( Best for the Money )
You need to figure out what you want out of your range finder, then see what is the cost of the ones that will fit the bill.

I enjoy my Leica
Bought it used from a member here (BIG SMILE).
I figure it cost $1.00 yard!! (little frown)
I have ranged houses at 5500 yards
rock face cliffs at 6140 yards
church steeple at 2500 and mountain behind at 3400
almost any animal at 2K plus
backhoe at 4K
VERY EASY TO 4K on any thing of size!
OOOOH it also gives angles, degrees, blah blah blah
And it is in binocular, but only 7 power!

But for the money!! the old "wild" would be hard to beat!
just don't plan on packing one very far!

CAM

it depends on how far you want readings and in what conditions. if you want to go over 1k in sunny conditions you're looking at the newcon 2000 or the swaro..minimum.the newcons of the last year or so seem to be a whole bunch better in function and quality than their previous models.the swaro is the most proven performer, also the most expensive.i have the bushnell 1500 and getting readings past 1k is near impossible.i do get readings out to 8-900 very regularly. i'm not woried about reading the ground beside the animal because so far i've only hunted on steep hills as that's the only way i can long range hunt. i'm sure the unit that's getting readings out to 4-6k would be closer to a 5 digit price tag than 3.

im looking to pick one up after the first of the any one try the Leica CRF 1200
i want o range a deer oot to at least 600 elk a little farther

JIM

Todd. I have a yardage pro 800 that can get hard targets (tree, rock) out to 840+ yds. Haven't had a chance to try it on game, but did range a couple of cows at just over 400 yds. Wouldn't read at 800 on cows or big round hay bales. If the target reflectivity scale at the top reaches 35-40% reflectivity, I can get a range reading. It barely gets enough to read at 840, tho. Watch your reflectivity scale.

It is important to get a rest and hold very still. Also, JECustom had a yardage pro 400 that had a dislocated crosshair. He found where it actually was by ranging a windmill tail against an open sky. It was way off.

The 1500 should do a lot better than my 800 on game. I'd call Bushnell.

Good luck, Tom

Thats like a trick question! ( Best for the Money )
You need to figure out what you want out of your range finder, then see what is the cost of the ones that will fit the bill.

I enjoy my Leica
Bought it used from a member here (BIG SMILE).
I figure it cost $1.00 yard!! (little frown)
I have ranged houses at 5500 yards
rock face cliffs at 6140 yards
church steeple at 2500 and mountain behind at 3400
almost any animal at 2K plus
backhoe at 4K
VERY EASY TO 4K on any thing of size!
OOOOH it also gives angles, degrees, blah blah blah
And it is in binocular, but only 7 power!

But for the money!! the old "wild" would be hard to beat!
just don't plan on packing one very far!

CAM

Am I the only one that noticed that Cam fired up some BRUSH WHISKEY on this . none of this is making any sense.....SPOOKY !!!!!!!!!!!
UB

well he might be unless he has purchased a Leica Vector. as i can see the parameters that he mentions are available in the leica Vector RFs. Have played with one belonging to a Swiss friend of mine..impressed as was my pocket!!
check observe and locate

The best I have owned is the Swaro hands down. Would love a Vector but man talk about $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!

Opti-Logic. $400 and ranges great to 900 yds, fast and easy. Furthest was 1160 yds on a tree on a cloudy day. Check em out! I don't work there or sell them, just happy with mine