best production rifle out there

the christensens look sweet. i'm just not crazy about the carbon fiber barrel shroud. if this was a benchrest rifle i might go that route. but after what i did to my 300 rum elk hunting this past fall i want an all weather tough rifle. if the rifle looks like a ferrari i would never take it into the brush. lol

morning, I guess I am a cricket. I built 7 rem. 721 actions. price
range from $175-$275 per action. had 7 customs made of these actions.
I bought 4 weatherby actions 2 germans and 2 American. for $650 apiece.
still have 2 to play with.
From a Cricket GBOT TUM

Seekins Havak is top notch. Caliber options will expand in the future. Hard to beat what you get for $2000.

I've had two Christensen Ridgelines. They were fine guns. I'd buy a Havak all day long before a Christensen, as long as the caliber choices of the Havak meet your needs.

Why no love for the Weatherby Vanguard Range Certified. Guaranteed to shoot under one moa and less than a grand on Gun Broker.

OP said that he has gone through a multitude of decent rifles. Is ready to step up a little. There is nothing about expensive hunting rifles that has to make sense. I have never shot a critter over 400y. This said, I insist on 1/4" accuracy out of my rifles and loads. I would be well served with a 700 topped with a 400.00 scope. We all have our weaknesses.

Seekins Havak is top notch. Caliber options will expand in the future. Hard to beat what you get for $2000.

I've had two Christensen Ridgelines. They were fine guns. I'd buy a Havak all day long before a Christensen, as long as the caliber choices of the Havak meet your needs.

Seems like a great deal on a nice rifle. Interesting that they seem to only sell rifles with spiral fluted barrels. Not my thing but i guess they think it is what their customer wants. Would be a deal breaker for me.

Seems like a great deal on a nice rifle. Interesting that they seem to only sell rifles with spiral fluted barrels. Not my thing but i guess they think it is what their customer wants. Would be a deal breaker for me.

I think a lot of people are in your shoes with the spiral flutes - - myself included. After I was done mounting my scope and getting the brake indexed, it wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it would be. I kind of like it now that I've been looking at it for a week or so

I think a lot of people are in your shoes with the spiral flutes - - myself included. After I was done mounting my scope and getting the brake indexed, it wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it would be. I kind of like it now that I've been looking at it for a week or so

The Seekins rifle looks like a heck of a deal for 2k. I said the fluting would be a deal breaker but if it was an absolute ringer, I might look past the fluting. I am not a purist.
If I found an inexpensive, pink colored, Dora the Explorer rifle that fit me and shot lights out, I would probably hunt with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.