Best Out of the Box Rifle

Thanks for all the info. I did get the Weatherby Mark V Accumark in 300 Wby with the factory installed accubrake. I think I am going to go with the Zeiss conquest 4.5 x 14 x 50 with the rapid Z 800 reticle.

I have that rifle with a LRT Leupold on it in Burris Signature rings set to give me a 20MOA slope in them. I took my elk this year a 479 yards. The 300Wby with 200 grain Accubonds @ 3100 fps is a very potent elk harvester. Mine has the factory trigger adjusted down to 14 ounces and I skim bedded it to make the groups more consitant. With the factory Accubrake it is so pleasant to shoot. I can easily shoot this whole box in a setting if I could keep the barrel cool. I just shoot 3 then wait for it to cool. I love mine so much I bought 2 more Accumarks and several friends now own them. With lots of practice and a little good judgment I feel really confident out to 600 yards. If I was able bodied or even had two arms I could extend that range a fair piece farther.

3002qh3.jpg

onwatch06uu3.jpg

nice pics and rifle Hired gun. And good choice pumpworkjr, i think that you'll love your gun, I know that I loved my Mark V sythetic, and the Accumark is a fair step up from that.

Sako GreyWolf is the best $1500 rifle out there.
Laminated stock, stainless steel barrel, silky smooth action.
Mine shoots great.
EVERYONE that has one says they shoot great.
I have not seen a single complaint about the GreyWolf posted on any forum.

Custom is nice, but they take a year to complete and you still can get one that does not shoot well.

Call Alex at EuroOptic for the best price in the US.
Euro Optics LTD
570-220-3159
Welcome to EuroOptics LTD

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts