Best (most solid) rings/bases

I'm pretty fond of Tikka rifles knowing how well they shoot. And I'm also getting the itch to start this long range stuff. I'm looking into getting a T3x Varmint stainless (I'm lefty and they don't make it in the blued version) in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Near Manufacturing. I have them on several big boomers all one piece base and rings. All have been flawless and extremely durable. Not to mention that Richard will take the time to make sure you have the right set up for your particular rifle and scope.

Agreed, Richard's customer service is second to none. Built to order.

For that rifle, the spuhr direct mount. It's machined for the dovetail so there is not in between pic rail interface. or, like i'll be doing, find a sako trg 3 ring mount and mill off the recoil lug on the bottom. then you've got a hell of a scope mount for less than the spuhr. or just get a good rail with lug and a decent set of rings, and you'll be fine.

Where do you get such a good deal on the TRG mount? Here in Canada they are $700+. By far THE most expensive option.

Spuhr makes a new direct mount that fits the Tikka dovetail, the SCT series is called a hunting or aesthetic series. I have not tried these yet, but they are available for about half the cost of the TRG mount... Might be worth looking into.

I think premium rings are overkill in many cases. Currently I'm using Talley Lightweights on my Tikka because they are light. Sadly, my NEAR rail is sitting in a drawer...

I really like the DNZ game reaper mounts. Never had and issues with them. Probably not close to the best but they work very well

Spur rings with the action manufacturer's base. I have them on every rifle. Slim profile, perfected clamping design, lightweight. NOT overly-built like a tank, but rings don't need to be. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not in the habit of beating my rifles apart to the point they won't hold zero...

honestly unless you plan on dragging this thing behind a truck, any of the "quality" manufactures (i.e. not NC Star) will probably be fine. just pick the ones that you like the look of, that fit in your budget.

Two things..

1. I really like Warne Aluminum bases with Seekins rings. It's a good compromise between bombproof and weight.

2. Spuhr makes a Tikka specific mount that doesn't require a base, it mounts directly to Tikka's action rail.

I'm pretty fond of Tikka rifles knowing how well they shoot. And I'm also getting the itch to start this long range stuff. I'm looking into getting a T3x Varmint stainless (I'm lefty and they don't make it in the blued version) in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Most solid? I believe NEAR - Richard mills his parts from hardened steel.

There are a lot of good premium options out there, but NEAR are among the heaviest and most resistant to deformation - they use the toughest materials.

Unless you are mounting a 2lb scope to a 50BMG, you probably dont need the most solid mount in the world.

I concur with this... i've owned pretty much all the rings and bases available at one time or another... and those NEAR products are incredible.

the sako mounts are going for about $350 on ebay and similar amounts on opticsplanet and eurooptic. if you don't need the cant for long range, I'd definitely go with the Spuhr Tikka direct mount, hunting mount. nice and slim, very solid.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.