What Are the Best/Most Accurate bolt action rifles?

I think they're custom actions, I read into it and it said that he blueprints 700 actions. So they're custom I just don't know how I feel about the price. Why are McMillan stocks priced so much higher?

I think they're custom actions, I read into it and it said that he blueprints 700 actions. So they're custom I just don't know how I feel about the price. Why are McMillan stocks priced so much higher?

A trued 700 action is not a custom action. It's just a blueprinted 700 action.

By "custom actions" I'm talking about Stiller, BAT, Defiance, etc...

McM stuff is jacked up so high because McM builds stuff for the military, and the tacti-cool crowd eats that stuff for breakfast. The main other reason they can sell normal stuff for abnormal prices is because of the name they have built for themselves, just like everyone else does, when they build a little bit of notoriety. The third, and final reason is because people will pay what they ask, and never question why.

Don't get me wrong, they make excellent products that work flawlessly........But so do other companies for about 1/2 the price.

$5000 it is not smart money wise to even consider a 700 action. It will never come close in reliability or smoothness as a custom.

You can buy off the shelf custom action rifles like Kelly's Atlas or many other for way less than that. Under $3000
You can pay a lot of money for tactical type bottom metal that is absolutely not needed for hunting. By quality components made for hunting rifles and spend time shooting.

I just bought the top of the line BAT MB action melonited for $1385 but you can get a great one for $1000
Brux barrel for $340 shipped
Top of of line jewel trigger is $240
Add a stock for hunting such as manners EH-1 $700 max

PTG bottom metal $100

Any brake will run about $150 Plus $100 for installation
20 MOA base(EGW) and rings (TPS) $200
Chambering. $200-250
Bedding $200

Misc. Another $200

Also NF ATACR scope is not a hunting scope. It is designed AND priced for something else

Why not buy a brand of known quantity and have the resale value to go with it. Case in example a Nesika rifle. Many benchrest action builders are producing complete rifles. Check them out. When you decide to sell it you can sell it for what it is worth. Not just another Remington or any other hunting brand that will have less value.

When they blue printing a 700 action they're just perfecting the 700 action right?? Sorry for all the question I am still learning about all of this.

McMillians are hand made to exacting standards. You don't get a handmade stock from anyone cheap.

Hey Wild, i'm pretty sure I remember reading that HS Precisions are handmade on their website. But I could be wrong.

I think B&C's are injection-molded...But they're still an excellent product for the money.

All aftermarket stocks will require final-fitting, bedding, and floating...Even McM and Manners.

Hey Wild, i'm pretty sure I remember reading that HS Precisions are handmade on their website. But I could be wrong.

I think B&C's are injection-molded...But they're still an excellent product for the money.

All aftermarket stocks will require final-fitting, bedding, and floating...Even McM and Manners.
Injection moulding is not hand made.

Each of the Mc's are literally hand laid. I have both B&C's and Mc's and they are all decent stocks but the quality of the Mc's is light years better than the B&C's and the Mc's take far less work to fit and bed.

They just aren't in the same class.

Injection moulding is not hand made.

Each of the Mc's are literally hand laid. I have both B&C's and Mc's and they are all decent stocks but the quality of the Mc's is light years better than the B&C's and the Mc's take far less work to fit and bed.

They just aren't in the same class.

No, I was saying the HS stocks are hand-laid.

I know injection-molding isn't handmade. But that was only concerning the B&C stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.