Best Budget Hunting Scope??

Point is, run whatchya brung man, to heck with the "best", adapt and survive. I just plunked down $5k+ for a rifle that is only barely outshooting the .270 I inherited from my grandpa. Its all relative, and a deer won't know the difference, but I get the sense that you know that already.
Very good advice! Appreciate your advice and input. đź‘Ť

Used to love Leupold scopes. Wont buy one now cause you won't find out it's a fake til you try to warranty it. Most copied scope in the world. If you end up with one, buy from an extremely reputable source. And given the ease with which Atlas bipod fakes are sold through some, I wouldn't even chance it. Vortex or Arken. Cabelas store brand are usually built by someone else. Some of them are Vortex, some are Burris. They even had some Nikons. Good value for the money.

Used to love Leupold scopes. Wont buy one now cause you won't find out it's a fake til you try to warranty it. Most copied scope in the world. If you end up with one, buy from an extremely reputable source. And given the ease with which Atlas bipod fakes are sold through some, I wouldn't even chance it. Vortex or Arken. Cabelas store brand are usually built by someone else. Some of them are Vortex, some are Burris. They even had some Nikons. Good value for the money.
Not a fan of Chinese goods, but dang I'm loving this silly arken I picked up.

If you know your scopes you can spot the fakes right away. I have been in China markets a few times and I know what I am talking about. I see them on Ebay and Cragislist a lot. But, you can take the serial number and call Leupold before you buy it. They will tell you.

0. Leupold fan. Ok..

1.Less expensive? Than? ( I love the guessing game.) Since Leupold run from $200-3000 I'm not sure what less expensive is too you . Many guys on here less expensive is a kahles.
2. What do you consider a hunting scope since every has a different idea? Weight,power,reticle.
3. What's it going on and what are the plans?

4. Did you try to research yourself?

This is info needed. If not you waste everyone's time chasing your ideas. Help us help you.

Think about these question a little.
Who makes the best barrels?
Do carbon barrels really cool better?
Are McMillan stocks good?
Does fluting really work?

This site is flooded with post like these.
These questions can be great questions if ask with some extra info to eliminate the circle jerk.
This!

Any way an administrator could just close this thread? I made a casual post without putting a lot of thought into it. It obviously bothers others I was trying casually discuss lower budget scopes. My apologies and also thanks to those who understand light conversation. Thanks

I have always been a big Leupold fan, but I am wondering what less expensive hunting scopes other members are trying out?
Son, grandson and I have,.. 4 Burris, 4.5 X 14's on our, Big Game Rifles ( .243 Win, 6.5 Creed, 7MM-08 and a .270 WSM ).
Nice, CLEAR and light weight for, our "Mountain carry Rifle's" and they worked awesome on, 3 Elk and few Deer for, us !
We Practice a lot and shoot Plates out to, 750 Yards, prone.
We have Custom made, Turret Tapes that, we use to, "Dial" for distance, past 300 yards, using, a 200 yd Zero ).
Sport Optic's, sells them,.. very, Reasonably !

Last edited:
Son, grandson and I have,.. 4 Burris, 4.5 X 14's on our, Big Game Rifles ( .243 Win, 6.5 Creed, 7MM-08 and a .270 WSM ).
Nice, CLEAR and light weight for, our "Mountain carry Rifle's" and they worked awesome on, 3 Elk and few Deer for, us !
We Practice a lot and shoot Plates out to, 750 Yards, prone.
We have Custom made, Turret Tapes that, we use to, "Dial" for distance, past 300 yards, using, a 200 yd Zero ).
Sport Optic's, sells them,.. very, Reasonably !
I haven't even tried to dial my burris. How do they do in general? Mine has such a nice reticle that I don't really need to but knowing it tracks would be great.

I've also been wondering about grabbing a cheaper burris to try out something light. 24 oz isn't as bad as they come but it sure widens my eyes when I take it off for some reason and feel how heavy it is. Nice to hear they're serving you well.

@ Jake C.,..
I have, the Older 4.5 X 14's with only, 4 "Hash Marks" and the Cross Hair ( that's, UN -cluttered and I like it, that way ) I could use, the smaller Hash Marks but, the Custom Tape my son made me, works real well ( Tested Berger,140 Classic's, BC's @ 3,185 FPS to 650 yds ) and bullet is still, "Bang on" at, 750 yds. Tape starts at, 200 and he put Marks every, 100, 50, & 25 Yards to, 725 yards ( One full Turn ) two more clicks =750 yds @ 5,500 Ft Elev.
I probably will never shoot, any Big Game, past 650 yards, so it works for, me. Most places, we Hunt Elk,. 350 - 400 yards, is about, IT !
It's no Kahles or, NF to Dial,.. but, it works Okay so far for, a 10th the price and my Bullets Hit at all, the Distances, I use and, Hit, repeatedly !
Clicks, on some Burris Scopes, can be,.. a Bit, "Mushy" but, overall, they seem to, "Track" well.

Last edited: