Best Budget Hunting Scope??

NCwoodsman

I have always been a big Leupold fan, but I am wondering what less expensive hunting scopes other members are trying out?

They're a bit big and bulky for a hunting scope, but the stuff from arken is pretty awesome for the price. Otherwise I saw a Leupold straight six for sale here a while ago. The clarity of fixed power scopes is awesome, and a six power is good to 350y pretty reliably IMHO.

As StumpyJohnson wrote the Arkin scope it a bit bulky, but it is around $400-500 price range. I have a 4X16 on my Ruger 77/22. It is sighted in for a 50 yard zero. I am shooting it out to 200 yards, then back to 100 or 50 yards and the scope repeats flawlessly. I have a .270AI that I'd like to try one on, but I find the scope to be just too big for my needs. I'm looking at a Leupold for the rifle instead. Also if you research the scopes on the Leupold web site, there's scopes that are on the lower in the $600-700 price range. Also…I've missed some really prize/choice trophies due to cheap/inexpensive scopes. We spend thousands of dollars on a hunt, only to return unsuccessful due to a faulty rifle or scope

Last edited:
Don't know if they still make them, but back in the day when I had a much smaller budget, I bought some Swift scopes. They had a good warrant, but I never had to use it. They are still being used.

Those Leupold Vll's were my go to for years, I have moved to the VXlll's 3.5-14. If needing a adjustable obj get side focus only.
I have one large OBJ fixed Burris 4X, I really like it. It's OBJ size is like the Leupold 6X fixed power.
Wish someone would build a fixed 4X like the fixed 6X again.