Best Brass for a .300 win mag

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by isu600rr, Jul 24, 2009.

1. isu600rr

isu600rr Active Member

Im looking into getting into reloading for my 300 win mag and i was wondering what is the best brass for the money, i can get winchester and remming from my local cabelas or should i order like nosler or horaday etc.. i hear alob about RWS but thats Really $$$ and even harder to come by.

so any recomendations would be great

2. fin72fan

fin72fan Member

I've been using nosler brass for my .300 win and the verdict is still out. out of a box of 50 I managed to get 24 where the runout was between 0 and 3 thousands. I dont know if that is good or not. Not really wanting to get into neck turning. I have three more boxes that I will start working on in the near furture.gun)

3. ATH

ATH Well-Known Member

I've used exclusively Winchester brass, with only moderately obsessive-compulsive reloading technique, and have absolutely no complaints on performance. Unless you have money to burn or need benchrest-type accuracy I see no reason to go with anything else.

Never used Remington but I threw away what I did have. Several friends did use it and experienced problems.

4. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

I've been using the Norma brass in this caliber. I switched last year after I got a couple of bad batches of Win. I've been very happy with the Norma.

5. chain

chain Well-Known Member

I have used Remington brass exclusively, my rifle will shoot in the .6's and .7;s with an occaisional .5 but I was thinking of trying another maybe RWS to see if I can improve a bit. I neck size with a Lee collet die and when neede I bump the shoulder back with a Redding body diel. I was going to try Norma or RWS?