Best Elk Bullet for 300 win mag?

I loaded up some 180 accubonds with 79 gr H1000 and some fed 215 primers for my buddy's tikka 300WM. It put 3 into .75 MOA.

Isn't the mag length on a tikka limit you to 3.45 or less? I can't remember exactly. Any body run into issues with not enough case capacity because of seating depth?

Yes horrible OAL. For hand loaders this is a tough Bit to swallow. Ended up with my tikka loading 165 blunt point noslear Partion. No mag length at all. Nice gun. Light but not for a hand loader.

A buddy just bought a tikka t3 lite 300 win mag. He is hoping to develop it into a long range elk rifle. I'm a fan of big pills, so I told him to try 200 accubonds or the 210 accubond LR. But I have also seen the devastation a 180 TSX can do. I think he likes the sound of the 190 bergers. He is open to ideas, so what do you guys think his best bet is?

Thanks in advance.

Tough with hand loading for the tikka 300win mag. Clip OAL is Sammi spec best I can recall. No loading to any where close to the lands from mine any way.
That and the darn thing is so strong on recoil Makes shooting at the range a challenge anyway.

Good luck.

A buddy just bought a tikka t3 lite 300 win mag. He is hoping to develop it into a long range elk rifle. I'm a fan of big pills, so I told him to try 200 accubonds or the 210 accubond LR. But I have also seen the devastation a 180 TSX can do. I think he likes the sound of the 190 bergers. He is open to ideas, so what do you guys think his best bet is?

Thanks in advance.
175 Barnes LRX.

It seems like the consensus is that a well placed shot is more important than what it was shot with, up to a point. I would guess that more game has been taken by the old Remington core lokt than anything else.....maybe Winchester silvertip running it a close second.