best powder for 300 win mag and 180grn bullets

Had a tikka like yours. Used h1000 with 180 grain interlocks. Was a great killer of whitetails. Shot under and inch consistently. shoot it around 3000 fps.

Ya six years old! But people still shoot and load for the 300 win! Do a search there isn't much info! That's why this is still going! You all got your creed loads ironed out and haven't been playing with the 300 anymore! Or is it the 6 br you're shooting now!

I just got a closeout Tikka T3 with a 1/11 twist so I'm kinda limited on how heavy a bullet I can use.

I tried using IMR4831 as I'm sitting on a keg of it but the only load that shot acceptably was around 2900 fps. Everything else shot like complete garbage.

My biggest concern is that I don't want to end up buying 5 different powders looking for one that works, not to mention all the trips to the range (been 4 times already) so I'm curious to know if there's a powder that's pretty likely to produce good groups and decent SD from the starting load to the max? I'm not obsessed with speed but I don't think 3000 is asking too much.

I've seen H1000 loads posted quite a bit, is it a pretty safe bet or should I be looking in a different direction?

Also what primers have you guys had success with. I wound up trying WLRM, CCI 250, and BR-2's. The WLRM's produced the most velocity but grouped awful, The CCI's shot Identical velocities but the groups on the BR-2's were half the size, I'm worried the BR-2's wont be strong enough for H1000, unfounded?
Greetings!
I use 79 grains of Ramshot magnum in my Benelli R1. 3.340 COAL using Barnes 180 gr.
TTSX and get a group of 3 in the area of a quarter coin

I just got a closeout Tikka T3 with a 1/11 twist so I'm kinda limited on how heavy a bullet I can use.

I tried using IMR4831 as I'm sitting on a keg of it but the only load that shot acceptably was around 2900 fps. Everything else shot like complete garbage.

My biggest concern is that I don't want to end up buying 5 different powders looking for one that works, not to mention all the trips to the range (been 4 times already) so I'm curious to know if there's a powder that's pretty likely to produce good groups and decent SD from the starting load to the max? I'm not obsessed with speed but I don't think 3000 is asking too much.

I've seen H1000 loads posted quite a bit, is it a pretty safe bet or should I be looking in a different direction?

Also what primers have you guys had success with. I wound up trying WLRM, CCI 250, and BR-2's. The WLRM's produced the most velocity but grouped awful, The CCI's shot Identical velocities but the groups on the BR-2's were half the size, I'm worried the BR-2's wont be strong enough for H1000, unfounded?
RamShot Hunter is my go to powder for both of my 300 WM's. It is very accurate, clean, and on the upper scale of velocity. Since I can't get RL26 anywhere anymore, Hunter has been a very close second.

4350 is to many reloaders is what Holy water is to a priest!!!

If I recall correctly 67.5 gr behind my Nosler 200 grain partitions, 5 bullets in 0.75 inches all day long but I don't use that load.

My go to is 69.2 grains behind Barnes 180 gr TTSX and its 5 bullets in 0.5 inches.

Now this is out of my Remington 700 BDL. My Winchester model 70 supergrade puts both of these loads around the 1-1.2" mark but I haven't tweaked loads for it very much. It shot my first ever bull elk at 460 yards with the 180 TTSX and dropped it beautifully.

You may not get the velocity that you can from the Reloader 26 or other powders, but you can get beautifully consistent loads and accurate as heck.

Oops, didn't see the 180 in the header. I would drop down to a 160 gr. bullet and try the IMR4831 with it. I have seen 11 twist Sakos start to open up with 180 grn. bullets. A 160 bullet might work a little better with the IMR4831. That should definitely get you over 3000 FPS too.
Saved me the time. X2