300 Win Mag brass - best one?

I have tried Nosler, Norma, Hornady, RWS, Winchester and Remington. After 600 rounds through my 300Win Mag developing loads for different applications, I had best accuracy and consistency with Remington. I like RWS but to hard to find. Winchester seems to have slipped in quality but that is my experience. Winchester is all I used for years but I have made the switch to Remington.

Haven't seen any comments on S&B brass i use it in both my .300 Win Mags and so ar no problems ,
the older .300 has had twelve firings from one batch of 30 cases ,
the new one in the avatar picture has only had one lot of twenty cases twice , bit early to comment I guess on the new rifle but so far so good ,
I get very little growth in neck length ,and only neck size both batches of cases ,one batch for the
CZ 500 Lux and one batch for my custom .300
S&B brass here is more expensive than most other brands I have found here in Western Australia
I have heard good reports on Remington.300 wm brass and finally my gun shop has just got 100 in for me to try out
Anybody use Remington brass in their .300 wm would like to hear comments both good and bad please
I use Remington brass in my Remington VTR .223 and never had a issue

I just worked up some good loads ( 100yds only for now) in my Mesa 300WM. I used Sig Sauer with the Hornady 110 Vmax and 150 SST. I used Jagmann with the Barnes 150 TTSX and Nosler 200 Partition. These all do .5 to .90". I don't load for LR so can't help you with concentric loads or neck thickness, but both brands look like Nosler quality...to me. They are about half the cost of Nosler, so a bag each to experiment with is very affordable. The Jagmann is thicker than the Sig though.

Bought 2 boxes of 50 hornady. Used for 300wm and 7-300wm. Had 7 spilt necks on first box for 7-300. I try not to badmouth products, but I don't think I'll buy hornady brass again for 300wm or 7-300 stuff

I have had very good results with Norma brass. Winchester was too inconsistent. Very accurate with low ES using a.335" neck bushing with Berger 210's, 215's, and Hornady 200 ELD-X.

Bought 2 boxes of 50 hornady. Used for 300wm and 7-300wm. Had 7 spilt necks on first box for 7-300. I try not to badmouth products, but I don't think I'll buy hornady brass again for 300wm or 7-300 stuff

Interesting (in a bad way). I love hornady bullets and have always had good results with them, but I too have found hornady brass to actually be worse than "the big three" - win fed rem. Only real experience, to be fair, was from one box of factory loaded 270 (140 interlock). The ammo was tight chambering to begin with, the brass seemed brittle in subsequent loading, split necks faster than the others, and even after full resizing still seemed like it took effort to close the bolt, like it was oversized and was springing back to that oversized dimension regardless.

I was JUST about to pull the trigger on some Nosler brass in .300 Win Mag when I found a thread on here that just saved me a bunch of $. So, having been a huge fan of Lapua (wish it was available), Norma and Winchester brass in the past, and always trusting "brand names", I started to wonder............... what's the best bang for the buck for anyone who pushes 210 VLDs to their limits in the 3 hun?

I could definitely dig on a few opinions here, as about every post I have read on this site is really good stuff. FYI-This site is a bit different from others I have been on - can't seem to find the "attitudes" so prevalent on other sites.........which is not a bad thing!
Thanks!
Try Atlas Development Group and Peterson Brass, made in America. Lapua is not made in America and too **** expensive!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.