Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:

• 50 per pack

Votes: 162 12.1%
  • 100 per pack

Votes: 1,174 87.9%

• Total voters
I prefer 500 count boxes, and see that has come to pass in some areas. I can see the benefit of a "test" packet of 50 to see if they shoot well from my rifle, but personally just buy the 100 count box for my testing.

JeffVN

Would it be an idea to put the reloading data on your website for free (like several manufacturers do) to get shooters to switch to Berger in the first place?

I reckon enough shooters would want a hardcopy regardless of this.

For bullet I'd like to see the 6.5gr 140 VLD Hunting.

Roe,

You've given everyone a peak at our future plans. We are in the process of changing our website to be able to handle load data and other large content items in a way that is easy to navigate and manage.

It will take some time to get us their but we are working on it. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Eric

+1 for 500ct boxes. I do not like 50ct boxes at all, in fact when Nosler went to 50ct boxes on their Ballistic Tips, I quit buying them. I tend to shoot quite a bit, so the more the better for me personally.

6.5 - 130gr
6.5 - 140gr -- I would *LOVE* to see a heavier bullet in 6.5! 152gr Hybrid perhaps?? Please!!? I would buy 1k just for starters!
7mm - 168gr -- Are there plans for a hybrid here? Or have I missed something?
7mm - 180gr hybrid
308 - 185gr - Would love to see this in a hybrid. Alliant 2000MR with the bullet = Oh My Oh My! in the venerable 308.
308 - 230gr hybrids

I will definitely be buying a Berger reloading manual.

As others have said already,
Thank You!
Gary

Most serious shooters would agree that a box of 100 is a small enough if not too small a lot size. The peole that would argue for a box size of 50 are either new to shooting or new to your product. Either way they will be pleasently surprised once they fire your bullets much as I was. Keep the 100 lot sizes and stick to your product quality, we dont need to spend more money to cover the extra packaging expense to get the same great bullets. Keep doing what you do so well.

I personally buy the 100 bullet packs, but then like most others here already have the load developed and know i will use them.

Brian, from a sales perspective I would think the 50 packs would be great as an option for guys doing load development and want to try them. Might be a good way for guys to try out Bergers without having to drop 45 bucks to do so.

Please help us in Canada get more of your bullets. Wholesale sports lists only .17cal, Cabelas does not list them at all. I would love to try some of your bullets in my .338LM but getting them is a tough task for me, and we can not order them from the U.S.

Thanks,

80Maro

I would offer them in packages of 100 and 500. A benchrest shooter taught me to order a box make sure they have ample supply in stock. Test and when I find something that works buy enough to wear out a barrel. It sure has worked well for him.

Brent

Last edited:
Please help us in Canada get more of your bullets. Wholesale sports lists only .17cal, Cabelas does not list them at all. I would love to try some of your bullets in my .338LM but getting them is a tough task for me, and we can not order them from the U.S.

Thanks,

80Maro

Google mystic precision, I believe Jerry is a member here as well.

I voted for 50 count boxes, not because I use them, but because the majority of hunters may not be quite as avid shooters as most on this site. There are many that a 50 count box would last 3 seasons, and a 100 count box is lost on them. It may just open another group of hunters to your sales.

I've delt with Jerry, always a pleasure to talk to. But living in Ontario which is quite far from Jerry, shipping costs are always a concern, seeing as I live 5 hours from the nearest city. It would be nice to be able to pick them up from a store when I do make it to the city though.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.