Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:

• 50 per pack

Votes: 162 12.1%
  • 100 per pack

Votes: 1,174 87.9%

• Total voters
200 or 250 would be the best , You get plenty of bullets to work up a load and the same lot number to boot for the best possible consistancey to achieve the most from accuracy.:D

Waiting on a guy to sell me some barnes bullets that he had left over from load testing. The one thing i am sad about is at walyworld i get 130 gn sierra bt's (.277) for about 25 a box of 100. This makes them very economical, where as the Berger bullets are 43 a box at the cheapest store i can find. I will be placing an order with BulletProof getting 2 12 pks of all the different bullets. See which one shoots best, and then from there determine if it is really worth the doubling of price. Im not trying to knock your product, its just like Scmitt and Bender (or how its spelled). They sell a great scope for a pretty penny, but there are scopes out there that are 1/2 the price that will do just as good of a job.

The main reason i am moving away from the 150 gn Sierra's is that i now am getting most things from Wal-Mart, as the price is the cheapst. Wallyworld sells 130's not 150's.

One other note, I am willing to pay for quality, plus id rather get my supplies from a hard working guy than a large corporation. I have yet to see a Sierra or Nosler rep on this site, or any site.

Cant wait to get them.

If they're the same price I don't care. Usually the price per bullet is lower with bulk. I like the fact that Sierra sells their heavy VLDs in 500s. The only advantage of small lots is when I buy just to see how they perform. For Sierra, Berger and Lapua I've always found applications where they perform well.

What I hate is when a company produces an excellent bullet, I work up loads and even build a custom rifle specifically to shoot them and about that time the company discontinues it . HEY BERGER! What happened to molly coated 7mm 180 grain VLDs?

Lost River Ballistics did that with their 220 grain 30 cal J40 solids. In that case they closed the whole company.

I posted before Eric asked us to specify which bullets I wanted in the bulk boxes. I would like to see both:
6mm 115s and the
7mm 180 VLDs (hybred too)

offered in a 500 or even 1,000 count box (Lapua offers or at least they did a bulk 1,000 count 6.5mm for the 123 and the 139 and possibly other calibers and grain weights).

JeffVN

HEY BERGER! What happened to molly coated 7mm 180 grain VLDs?

For the sake of clarity, the 7mm 180 gr VLD Hunting and the 7mm 180 gr VLD Target bullets have not been discontinued. Both are among our most successful bullets.

A few years ago we did discontinue having moly coated bullet available. The economics didn't make sense. It is very cheap for shooters to moly coat bullets themselves. When you have to pay to have it done, other costs make it an unattractive option so moly coated bullet sales were very low.

If you are interested in receiving a set of instruction detailing our moly coating procedure please send your request to [email protected]. We provide thorough details on how you can moly coat bullets yourself at a small fraction of the cost of paying someone else to do it.

Regards,
Eric

I don't like the 50 bullet boxes - I lke to buy the 100 bullet boxes, but then I like to shoot a bit. PS: I shoot the 6.5, 140 gr Hunting Bergers molly coated - wow what a difference in accuracy, one hole groups, 6.5x55, 140 gr @ 2836fps = 600 yd knock down power better than my 30-06 180gr @ 2800fps. Thanks Berger.

PS: it would be nice, but probaly not very practical or economical for Berger to get a "sample box" of 20 each bullets in a specfic caliber, e.g. 20 each 130 gr 6.5mm, and 20 each 140gr 6.5mm in a sample pack so I could test a series of bullets in any particular caliber to see how my rifle shoots them. Just a sample that will give me enough bullets to test various l;oads with a number of different weights in a single caliber. May not make profitable sense to Berger???

3 Bears

I would think that having introductory specials would make it more attractive. Even if Berger looses some moeny on the 20 sample packs, they should be able to get a customer to start buying at least one of the bullets they sampled. Kinda similar to the idea of Free Samples at Wal mart. Now on a smaller operation, there may not be slush funds for free bullets, but giving out 5 or so lots of 20 for $40 does not seem all that unprofitable.

Use a standard 100 box, and the lable says sample. In the box are baggies with the different bullets and a piece of paper.

To keep people fromjust using these sample packs offer them from Berger excluseively and put a limit per credit card or shipping address. I would say 3 is perfect. If you cant develop a load in 60 rounds to show promise then you need to spend some time with a .22 learning how to shoot.

kcopph I like it - it would get me hooked. The reason I didn't start using Bergers even though I had read rave reviews for some time is because I didn't want to shell out $43 to test them; but I have shelled out $25 to test out other bullets. But $43 to test out a variety would be worth it.

The 100 pack is GREAT, although as much as I have loaded and shot this year, A 500 count or even a thousand would have been great also, especially earlier in the year when I was having trouble finding the 185 or 190 Bergers in 308gun)

I am amazed how many rounds can be spent downrange in the course of a "little" shooting session on a nice afternoon. I like the 100 packs that way I delude myself into thinking I'm not buying/shooting that much; anyway I can say" Honey its only a 100 pack, I'm not shooting as much as you think".

Due to the fact of the cost of Bergers I would like to be able to buy 50 box for trial. If my rifle doesn't prefer them I've only spent half as much. Hopefully only half.

Bullet Proof Samples is making available Barnes, Nosler and Berger bullets in 12 count packs. These are available now through Sinclair International or through the stores that where part of their launch.

www.bulletproofsamples.com

Sinclair Inc Search : Search Results for "bullet proof" -

Regards,
Eric

Being relatively new to reloading, I really like the idea of sample packs. I would definitely try these. On the other hand, like most have already stated, when buying via the internet/mail order, it does not make economic sense to buy 50s.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts