Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:

• 50 per pack

Votes: 162 12.1%
  • 100 per pack

Votes: 1,174 87.9%

• Total voters
100 for me but I shoot a lot! Quite often I have them shipped so 100 is a better deal there as well. The up side for 50 is for shooters who haven't yet choosen their bullet and are in the testing phase. 100 is a lot to buy if you don't happen to choose that particular bullet.......Rich

What I would love to see most from Berger at the present time is a reloading manual.

I hear you loud and clear. We have 95% of the entire content (loading data is completed) being laid out in the book format. The remaining content will be completed before the layout is finished.

I've given many delivery estimates over the years on when this manual will be finished. Today I'll say with sincerety that we should have manuals shipping out the door by the end of this year.

If something happens this will change but I will promise that my final delivery estimate will be correct.

Regards,
Eric

Eric Stecker;541972 I've given many delivery estimates over the years on when this manual will be finished. Today I'll say with sincerety that we should have manuals shipping out the door by the end of this year. If something happens this will change but I will promise that my final delivery estimate will be correct. Regards said:
Good news - I hope you print enough on the first run.

A manual from Berger would really be great! Really appreciate the guys at Berger getting into the forum and taking shots and asking questions from us end users, not just telling us how it's going to work!!
I like the 100 per box but I really like the idea that was floated to just order the 500 pack in a bag straight from Berger. I have a feeling I'm going to be needing the 300gr 338 in bulk after seeing what Broz is doing with them, we wiped out our local guy within a day of him getting them :D

I just waited 2 months to get my 338-300 gr. They came in 50 ct. I bought 3 boxes, like the box size, that should get me through season, now that I have a wolf tag in my pocket:D

I hear you loud and clear. We have 95% of the entire content (loading data is completed) being laid out in the book format. The remaining content will be completed before the layout is finished.

I've given many delivery estimates over the years on when this manual will be finished. Today I'll say with sincerety that we should have manuals shipping out the door by the end of this year.

If something happens this will change but I will promise that my final delivery estimate will be correct.

Regards,
Eric

Will we be able to order on website or in stores? Can we pre order?

Will we be able to order on website or in stores? Can we pre order?

Our manual will be made available through our website and those of our resellers who are interested in putting this book on their shelves. I suspect that most of them will.

We are accepting names that are being placed on a list of those who will be notified when the manual is in the final stages of creation (at the printer). Given the fact that we have faced numerous delays I don't feel right about taking pre-orders since it could be a while before the manual is made real. A contact list seems more appropriate under the circumstances.

If you are interested in putting your name on the list of those to be notified please contact Teresa Collins at 714-447-5456 or at [email protected]. She will need your contact details including shipping address. When the manual goes to the printer those who are on this list will be called and given the opportunity to order at that time.

On a different subject and for the sake of clarity, some of our new heavy 30 cal bullets and our 338 cal bullets are boxed in 50 count packs. The reason for this is because MTM doesn't make a box yet that is large enough to pack them in a 100 count. 100 count boxes have been our preffered quantity over the years.

I shipped 100 each of our new, large bullets to MTM and asked if they can make a larger box for this quantity. I have not heard whether or not they will do this but we are working to make these bullets available in 100 count. As a side note the 338 cal are also available in 250 count boxes.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
I have hesitated myself on buying a 100 pack due to the cost at the time. I have always meant to try out Bergers in my rifles, but opt out to the other brands because of the smaller boxes which I can test with, and usually find a bullet that works great for my application. Those of us on a little tighter shooting budget tend to shy away from the 100 packs unless we know they work well in our rifle.

When I worked at Cabelas (gun dept for a couple years) I had quite a few guys that I would suggest the Bergers too and they would say, "Wow, those are expensive", then i would point out that the are in boxes of 100, and are not that expensive. Many people look at the sticker tag, and before they look at the bullet count and do the math.

I promise, I'll get some Bergers next time I buy bullets! I have a 6.5-280 RCBS, that I'm still looking for a good combo with and those 6.5 140's might be the ticket.

For load work up I still use the 100 count boxes, for my Match Rifles I like to buy by the 1,000, minimum, as I shoot the same load (except for when they change up the bullets!!!) that has worked for years through 3 different (replacement) barrels.

Long live the Berger .224 90gr. VLD Target bullet!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.