Applied Ballistics Mobile app

I just downloaded this program, looks great. I've been using Shooter for a while, so it was quite natural. I don't see info on the Hornady 0.308 178 BTHP, which I want to shoot; do you have info on it?

I just downloaded this program, looks great. I've been using Shooter for a while, so it was quite natural. I don't see info on the Hornady 0.308 178 BTHP, which I want to shoot; do you have info on it?

There are a whole heap of bullets that are not included in the bullet library. In particular the the New Barnes HPBT Match Burner bullets have been left out. This is a pity as the 171gn 7mm bullet in particular is a ripper!

Maybe we should start up a WISH LIST of bullets that we would like to see included in the library. As paying customers this would be very much appreciated.

There are a whole heap of bullets that are not included in the bullet library. In particular the the New Barnes HPBT Match Burner bullets have been left out. This is a pity as the 171gn 7mm bullet in particular is a ripper!

Maybe we should start up a WISH LIST of bullets that we would like to see included in the library. As paying customers this would be very much appreciated.

That's a good idea.

Please use this thread to make requests for bullets and scope reticles you would like to see added, and we'll get them in.

For starters, I can share the BC's I tested for the Hornady .30 cal 178 BTHP:
G1 BC: .502 (average from 3000 to 1500 fps)
G7 BC: .257 (good for all supersonic range)

We'll get it added to the library asap, as well as others as requested. It may take some time because I'll have to plan shooting tests for them, etc, but if they're on the list, they'll get added eventually.

Take care,
-Bryan

Thanks Bryan,

Here is a few to start you off..............

Requested bullets to add to the AP library.

Barnes .243 cal 105 grain Match Burner
Barnes 7mm cal 171 grain Match Burner.
Barnes .308 cal 155 grain Match Burner.

Hornady .338 cal 225 grain Interbond (the BC listed is way wrong).

I also bought your app. It said, with my Edge at one mile, I should come up 244 clicks. I know that with your 300gr OTMT bullets last week my come-up at a mile was 186 clicks. So obviously I entered something wrong. I tried to go back and look through my entries and this is the screen I get. I can't navigate anywhere from this screen. What am I missing? Can I erase this app and try to download it again without paying again? Thanks, Chuck.
DSC00558.jpg

Sorry for the delayed reply.

LRSickle,
Did you get it figured out? When you enter all the information for a rifle, it should be added in the library, but yours shows no rifles saved in that library.

The only way I can think of that happening is if you did a web-sync, and accidentally synced the wrong way. For example, if you created rifle/ammo profiles, then synced from the web-> device, it would have erased what you had and replaced it with 'empty' profiles from the web. If you first synced from the device-> web, then those profiles would be in your web profile.

-Bryan

We really need some Cutting Edge bullets tested, there are numbers that defy logic being put up and it's a bullet that seems built for the long range hunting market.

I think I've got myself all screwed up with the Correction factor, I've tested an optic an it moves 1.05 in at 100 yards so it's just over 1 MOA. But my brothers are the math and physics professors and me, well I can crunch numbers till I don't know what's happened :rolleyes: So 30 MOA moved 31.5 inches at 100 yards, it seems according to the directions I should input a correction factor of .952 but I've punch so many numbers I'm unsure I got it locked down!

Last edited:
I think I've got myself all screwed up with the Correction factor, I've tested an optic an it moves 1.05 in at 100 yards so it's just over 1 MOA. But my brothers are the math and physics professors and me, well I can crunch numbers till I don't know what's happened :rolleyes: So 30 clicks moved 31.5 inches at 100 yards, it seems according to the directions I should input a correction factor of .952 but I've punch so many numbers I'm unsure I got it locked down!

If you meant 30 MOA moved it 31.5 inches at 100 yards then it would be: .997

30*1.0471996=31.415988

31.415988/31.5= .997

So almost no correction seems to be needed.

If you meant 30 MOA moved it 31.5 inches at 100 yards then it would be: .997

30*1.0471996=31.415988

31.415988/31.5= .997

So almost no correction seems to be needed.

Ya, 30 MOA. And I did come up with .997 once but then reading the directions it looks like I should divide correction by actual movement and that's the correction value but in my mind the turret is over correcting by .003 subtract that from 1 and you get .997, ya I was in special math!! Once I get it I'm GTG but the road there is ugly!!
Started new thread so I don't jack this one up which I think may happen by the time I get it!! http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...-correction-value-math-help-92927/#post656938

Last edited:
We really need some Cutting Edge bullets tested, there are numbers that defy logic being put up and it's a bullet that seems built for the long range hunting market.

I am hoping I can come up with my own G7 standard after I collect all my drops out to 2,500 yards. Unless I am mistaken this would be the most accurate way short of using Dopplar.

The CE 252's are screaming out of my 338LAI. I have drops out to 800 yards. At 800 yards I shot a 3 shot group at 2.265 inches. Can't say what they are like at 1k or further but hope to find out soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts